Looking for iOS/Android Developers (No Hardcore Exp. Needed)

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Hey was just wondering if anyone in TEST Squadron has any experience with working with mobile apps? I have an HTML5 app that I want to deploy to mobile devices :)

UPGRAY3DD

Vice Admiral
Donor
Jan 26, 2014
RSI Handle
UPGRAY3DD
I've done my share of android apps, but I haven't really worked with HTML5 much. Would be interested to learn though.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
I was looking at that link and also came across PhoneGap. Looks exactly like what we need.
http://phonegap.com/

So I will message everyone who showed interest in helping later this week :D

Trollmann

Admiral
Mar 12, 2014
RSI Handle
trollmann
If you need some help you can message me I'll see if I have some spare time then.

Datastream

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Voltage
Make a github (if you haven't already) and post the link so we can take a look at it from time to time if needed.

SkUnimatrix

Lieutenant
Mar 11, 2014
RSI Handle
SkUnimatrix
What you want is called Apache Cordova, formerly PhoneGap. This will allow you to easily turn your HTML5 app into native apps for iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, Blackberry, and other platforms.

SkUnimatrix

Lieutenant
Mar 11, 2014
RSI Handle
SkUnimatrix
Performance would be horrible at least on non high end devices.
Depends on the library used. I've built mobile apps wrapped in Cordova/Phonegap where performance was acceptable so long as I stayed away from things like JQuery Mobile that adds a lot of overhead and stuck with the Cordova API's and plain ole javascript...

Trollmann

Admiral
Mar 12, 2014
RSI Handle
trollmann
Depends on the library used. I've built mobile apps wrapped in Cordova/Phonegap where performance was acceptable so long as I stayed away from things like JQuery Mobile that adds a lot of overhead and stuck with the Cordova API's and plain ole javascript...
True it always depends on a library but since AC is based on Panda.js I wouldn't expect a huge performance boost from the lib.

Skadar

Lieutenant
Apr 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Skadar
Along with PhoneGap there is another similar (and some say superior) product called AppGyver. I've messed around with it a bit, but haven't ever deployed anything. Check it out if you're not happy, or unsure about, PhoneGap.

Forgot your password?