Looking for Mining screenshots - 3.3 or 3.3.5: With Prizes - Done

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
if i take a bunch of screenshots of me pointing at things and shouting 'mine!' does that count :p

Cump

Space Marshal
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
SCUBER
Entry Acknowledged.

Were you able to fracture it?
Negative. I blew my ship up trying. Due to the rapid fluctuation of power/distance required and my current setup mouse/keyboard... didn't go that well. I would like to have a sliding toggle(think mixing board style slider) for the power output of the mining arm... mouse scroll wheel only goes so far. I've only had the prospector for a week, but will send an update if i manage. I was able to OC miner and get some that had a little wider green range. Cutting power when its in the green and starting power back up again seems to be the way.

I'm open to suggestion if someone is willing to discuss advanced mining techniques.

Reactions: Bambooza

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Negative. I blew my ship up trying. Due to the rapid fluctuation of power/distance required and my current setup mouse/keyboard... didn't go that well. I would like to have a sliding toggle(think mixing board style slider) for the power output of the mining arm... mouse scroll wheel only goes so far. I've only had the prospector for a week, but will send an update if i manage. I was able to OC miner and get some that had a little wider green range. Cutting power when its in the green and starting power back up again seems to be the way.

I'm open to suggestion if someone is willing to discuss advanced mining techniques.
My own experiences say that the stop/start method as you describe is the best one for handling high instability. I would also advise you get much closer to the rock so you're not losing so much power from distance. Small numbers = easier control.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
So, I take it y'all are moving into the direction of only mining highly valuable rocks?
I am until they come out with the Prospector's filter to separate out some of the inert stuff that we suck up. I don't extract much now unless its at least 15% concentration unless its Laranite and such.

Forgot your password?