Looking for Sabre.

Kaiserz

Commander
Oct 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Kaiserz
Well hello everyone, I'm looking for a Sabre, I have a cutlass black but would like to have a Sabre, this cutlass have a package, 6 month insurance, 5000 euc and few other stuffs... I don't know if this have something to do or it doesn't.

At least I would like the Sabre with insurance, or idk if there's an upgrade package from cutlass to Sabre or from cutlass to another ship to Sabre.

Need some help here to save money and don't screw up the business.

Thanks.

Reactions: Deroth

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
You can usually get an upgrade from one ship to another, provided the ship you are upgrading to costs more than the ship you currently have and the ship you are trying to upgrade to is currently on sale.

However, you can't upgrade to a limited ship this way. So you will not be able to purchase a CCU (upgrade) from your cutlass to a Connie Phoenix, Idris, Kraken, etc. Nor can you CCU to a subscriber sale (I think)

The November sale is indeed when they put most, but not all ships on sale. You will probably not be able to purchase a Kraken at the anniversary sale this year. The last few years when they had the Polaris and Pioneer up for concept sale at CitizenCon, the November anniversary sale did not contain them. I am also unsure if you will be able to purchase the Valkyrie as that is on sale this month.

So, you should be able to find your Sabre upgrade....
But also note, the sales are very short during the anniversary sale. Usually one day for each manufacturer over the first week, then a few more days (maybe as little as 1 day, might be as much as a week, I forget), you can buy all ships that were on sale that week. It's usually the last day.

One more thing for you to consider. The sabre is a fighter. It only does one thing. Fight. You will not be able to take delivery missions, recovery missions, etc. It doesn't have a single unit of cargo space, much less 1 SCU. It's a very limited ship. If this is going to be your only ship, you really need to consider that aspect. If you are good with it, that's fine and more power to you. The cutlass does combat fairly well, and while not a stealth ship and not a nimble fighter, it does have a lot of guns on it. It can also carry cargo which makes it a great all-rounder ship. Other good all-rounders that can fight AND trade are the freelancer base, and the Connie series (Andromeda).

If you still want a nimble fighter, but also want to carry cargo, consider the 325a, which I think has 2xS3 and 1xS4 weapon now, giving it a terrific punch, and with 2 SCU of cargo room, you will also be able to at least to recovery missions and maybe a little high risk/high reward trading. It also has the advantage of being cheap at $70 usd, which is the same price you are going to pay to upgrade from your cutlass to the sabre. If you want a dedicated fighter, the Gladius is a ton of fun and just 90 USD. By either getting the 325A or the Gladius, you get a fighter, plus you keep your cutlass, which is another great ship, so if you crash, or the game crashes and you want something to fly in while you wait for insurance, you will have it.

Small note: The 325a is under re-design and WILL change, but the weapons should be about the same. The main problem is the clipping issues being experience and just overall resources the ships takes up as it's one of the first ones designed.

Just want to be sure you have thought out all the pros and cons before you shell out money for a ship you will only be able to use one way. Again, if you do decide to go that way, that's fine. Play the way you want to.

Reactions: Kaiserz and Deroth

Kaiserz

Commander
Oct 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Kaiserz
Thanks to get the time to write that down, i'm thinking about having the Sabre as a "main ship" and another one for those kinda of missions, like a more "peaceful" ship... i will probably end up buying a standalone cutlass OR maybe i should buy a "THE VANGUARD WARDEN" it looks like a heavy ship and it seems to have a bit of space inside... so... maybe that's a good choice? let me know your thoughts..

PS: Yes, i saw an information, it says that the sales for AEGIS ships will be on 25th November...

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
Thanks to get the time to write that down, i'm thinking about having the Sabre as a "main ship" and another one for those kinda of missions, like a more "peaceful" ship... i will probably end up buying a standalone cutlass OR maybe i should buy a "THE VANGUARD WARDEN" it looks like a heavy ship and it seems to have a bit of space inside... so... maybe that's a good choice? let me know your thoughts..

PS: Yes, i saw an information, it says that the sales for AEGIS ships will be on 25th November...
That's from last year. We don't have anything concrete for this year.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Also, the warden has some room inside, but no cargo area. If you just place it on the floor, it can shift during flight, injuring you or others onboard, or damaging your vehicle or package. The warden is a long range combat fighter, not a cargo ship

Kaiserz

Commander
Oct 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Kaiserz
That's from last year. We don't have anything concrete for this year.
Damn it... Where can I see the date of that? Or what I have to follow in order to know?
Also, the warden has some room inside, but no cargo area. If you just place it on the floor, it can shift during flight, injuring you or others onboard, or damaging your vehicle or package. The warden is a long range combat fighter, not a cargo ship
Mmmm then it have to be a Sabre and a ship like the cutlass...

Kaiserz

Commander
Oct 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Kaiserz
Did you get someone to help you with a CCU or buy it off someone?
Tried it out much yet?
Yes I fly it, awesome, is even better than the Gladius, faster, agile and twice firepower, I put 4 panther lasers repeaters, just awesome...

About the bought, I found a guy at reddit, talked to him on discord, because he had previous sales, and the opinion of the people was good so, I contacted him, he sent me an invoice for 172$ for a Sabre LTI standalone ship, I paid it and he sent me the ship...

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Yes I fly it, awesome, is even better than the Gladius, faster, agile and twice firepower, I put 4 panther lasers repeaters, just awesome...

About the bought, I found a guy at reddit, talked to him on discord, because he had previous sales, and the opinion of the people was good so, I contacted him, he sent me an invoice for 172$ for a Sabre LTI standalone ship, I paid it and he sent me the ship...
What was the guy's name you gotta be careful with some sellers on reddit you can get scammed pretty easily there. 172 though for LTI version is a good price was it original concept or upgraded from something else such as a nox?

Kaiserz

Commander
Oct 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Kaiserz
What was the guy's name you gotta be careful with some sellers on reddit you can get scammed pretty easily there. 172 though for LTI version is a good price was it original concept or upgraded from something else such as a nox?
It was upgraded from a dragon fly something like that let me show you...

And yes I was really scared about it but... The guy have its own discord server with around 444 people and in the main channel they give the opinion about the transactions they have done... So... I was like what the hell let's do this! And it was quick, I paid the invoice, told him, he answered me then wrote again to told me he had sent the gift.

The name is Noobys

Sorry it also contains
Lifetime Insurance
Drake Dragonfly Poster
Takuetsu Dragonfly Model

Attachments

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Congratulations!

There are quite a few trusted sellers in TEST with running threads if you ever look for another ship or CCU.

Reactions: Kaiserz

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
It was upgraded from a dragon fly something like that let me show you...

And yes I was really scared about it but... The guy have its own discord server with around 444 people and in the main channel they give the opinion about the transactions they have done... So... I was like what the hell let's do this! And it was quick, I paid the invoice, told him, he answered me then wrote again to told me he had sent the gift.

The name is Noobys

Sorry it also contains
Lifetime Insurance
Drake Dragonfly Poster
Takuetsu Dragonfly Model
Ah Noobys is a good trader you pretty much did the best way possible and found a good trader. You should be safe my first time buying stuff for SC didnt go well which is why i try to watch for anything questionable and help keep my fellow players safe.

Kaiserz

Commander
Oct 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Kaiserz
Congratulations!

There are quite a few trusted sellers in TEST with running threads if you ever look for another ship or CCU.
Thanks men, I'm really happy with it, even the engine sound, sound amazing, is like an stealth ship, I know it is but... Well is just awesome, and I did look a few post about ships, but didn't find a Sabre... So I just thought about looking on reddit, don't even remember how I got to this guy, I even looked at ebay.. I did a research but it was worthy awesome ship.

The only thing I have to get used to it, is that the wind mounted lasers have no room for a gimbal, so they are statics and the front ones are mobile, so I was thinking about lock the gimballs and get used to that or put normal lasers repeaters, they are gimball capable and when overcloacking they can fire really fast, those are the ones my cutlass have and they kill pretty fast if well aimed... Idk I have to learn a lot about weapons and power plants.

Kaiserz

Commander
Oct 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Kaiserz
Ah Noobys is a good trader you pretty much did the best way possible and found a good trader. You should be safe my first time buying stuff for SC didnt go well which is why i try to watch for anything questionable and help keep my fellow players safe.
Glad to read that, I was thinking about if he can cancel de gift or something and when I get into the game, bye bye Sabre, the thing I like is that is a LTI ship, idk how the game will work but if your ships is lost, you will just lose it and have to spend all the money to buy a new one and I guess there's no way to add LTI to a 6 month insurance one... I mean if the game will work like I think it will... Is going to be like a second life game but in space...

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Glad to read that, I was thinking about if he can cancel de gift or something and when I get into the game, bye bye Sabre, the thing I like is that is a LTI ship, idk how the game will work but if your ships is lost, you will just lose it and have to spend all the money to buy a new one and I guess there's no way to add LTI to a 6 month insurance one... I mean if the game will work like I think it will... Is going to be like a second life game but in space...
No one can truely guess what the insurance system is going to be like not even CIG at this moment. i only worry about LTI for my bigger ships as my guess would be the bigger the ship the bigger the insurance costs. It just makes sense and as i wont have hours upon hours to play i probably wont be able to keep up with all those ships along with my other non-LTI ships.

Kaiserz

Commander
Oct 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Kaiserz
No one can truely guess what the insurance system is going to be like not even CIG at this moment. i only worry about LTI for my bigger ships as my guess would be the bigger the ship the bigger the insurance costs. It just makes sense and as i wont have hours upon hours to play i probably wont be able to keep up with all those ships along with my other non-LTI ships.
Yeah probably is not even worth it to worry about it, I want to get a ship for mining probably or maybe transport, some way to make money I used to make a loot of money on elite dangerous smuggling things 14 or 24 jumps away that's how I got my anaconda, but here... No clue... I don't believe people make 3 millions just killing bounties or stuff like that...

Last edited:
Forgot your password?