Looking for Sabre.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Yeah probably is not even worth it to worry about it, I want to get a ship for mining probably or maybe transport, some way to make money I used to make a loot of money on elite dangerous smuggling things 14 or 24 jumps away that's how I got my anaconda, but here... No clue... I don't believe people make 3 millions just killing bounties or stuff like that...
I'm sure you could by killing bounties but maybe that is on the javelin level which he would then spread out to his whole crew he mustered up to do the mission after he payed for expenses that it took to get the ship up and running. There are going to be a lot of variables such as your fame and what ships you have which determine which missions you can get. As a miner or a scrapper though i think its going to be pretty straight forward go get some stuff go sell it here. Same goes for cargo. so maybe think about something along those lines to start and get an entry level money maker and work your way from there in game.

Reactions: Kaiserz and Deroth

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
so if i have a bigger ship i get better missions?
It is my understanding that it is more of a diversity of missions based off diversity of ships, but since some ships requiring more expense to operate the mission reward will be larger to reflect this; your rank/reputation with various factions is supposed to be the largest driver of quest reward. (I actually saw a 'Service Beacon' mission in PTU yesterday for 50k aUEC...of course there was a crash before I could actually do it though.)

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
so if i have a bigger ship i get better missions?
Yep some missions are based on more expensive ships. now remember we are in alpha so the missions you currently see those are not balanced at all and not all the ships out have missions yet such as the exploration missions.(We need caves damnit with little monsters!)

Kaiserz

Commander
Oct 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Kaiserz
It is my understanding that it is more of a diversity of missions based off diversity of ships, but since some ships requiring more expense to operate the mission reward will be larger to reflect this; your rank/reputation with various factions is supposed to be the largest driver of quest reward. (I actually saw a 'Service Beacon' mission in PTU yesterday for 50k aUEC...of course there was a crash before I could actually do it though.)
Service beacons are not the case because players put the price in the taxi request.
In general having a bigger X gets you better Y.
This applies with girls too
Yep some missions are based on more expensive ships. now remember we are in alpha so the missions you currently see those are not balanced at all and not all the ships out have missions yet such as the exploration missions.(We need caves damnit with little monsters!)
Yeah we need some kind of wild life, idk if it will be a thing here besides the vanduls

Reactions: Deroth

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
BTW.. What happens if I star killing people out of nowhere... But I mean, KoS everyone...?
Currently you get a crime stat which means you can be shot on sight if high enough. You can reduce it through hacking a security station which takes ages and there may be player missions generated to take you out because you’re a scary pirate.

In practice this just means more people to kill.

Allegedly.

Kaiserz

Commander
Oct 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Kaiserz
Currently you get a crime stat which means you can be shot on sight if high enough. You can reduce it through hacking a security station which takes ages and there may be player missions generated to take you out because you’re a scary pirate.

In practice this just means more people to kill.

Allegedly.
I like how you think

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Service beacons are not the case because players put the price in the taxi request.
That is what I thought at first two but it didn't pop up on screen like normal player service beacons and the description looked like it was NPC...but since the server (I'm guessing due to the error I received) I wasn't able to confirm.

Reactions: Kaiserz

Kaiserz

Commander
Oct 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Kaiserz
NOTE...
I want to buy a BIG ship i can use for multi role, mining, cargo, salvage... i have these ships in mind..

Prospector
Polaris
Reclaimer
Redeemer
Caterpillar

any other suggestion is well appreciated... thanks again guys.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
NOTE...
I want to buy a BIG ship i can use for multi role, mining, cargo, salvage... i have these ships in mind..

Prospector
Polaris
Reclaimer
Redeemer
Caterpillar

For Large cargo:
Merchantman (BMM)
Hull C
Hull D
Hull E

Hull C and up are physically larger than the Caterpillar and carry more cargo than a BMM, but lack Utility item slots, tractor beams, and cargo drones so are more limited in the types of support operations they can do. (Example: the Caterpillar should be able to use the two tractor beams to move cargo from ships like the Prospector and Vulture.)
The Hull series are all supposed to be much more...utilitarian...than the BMM.

Reactions: Kaiserz

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
NOTE...

Prospector
Polaris
Reclaimer
Redeemer
Caterpillar

For multirole
Constellation Andromedia
600IE
Mercury Star Runner.

Achoobert

Commander
Jun 4, 2018
RSI Handle
Achoobert
The insurance in the anniversary sale is better as well, it could be 6 year insurance this time around!
So you might consider melting your current pack (if it isn't old enough to have gotten the bonus items) and using those melt dollars to CCU.
(the packages with good insurance will be warbond only)

Kaiserz

Commander
Oct 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Kaiserz
The insurance in the anniversary sale is better as well, it could be 6 year insurance this time around!
So you might consider melting your current pack (if it isn't old enough to have gotten the bonus items) and using those melt dollars to CCU.
(the packages with good insurance will be warbond only)
I think that's not going to work, because the pack i have now, have the access to SC, squadron 42, some money and a few other stuffs...

Kaiserz

Commander
Oct 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Kaiserz
Usually during aniversary sale they sell a starter package with all of that plus massive ammount of insurance.
Question, how long it takes to get the "refund" in my account? The thing is once I get the refund, I won't be able to get into SC because is the only starter pack I have since 2014 xD, but if I'm going to get that money "back" and there's something I would like to buy in the sale, then I would say is worth a shot... Opinions?

Forgot your password?