Loteus' Introduction

Loteus

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 1, 2013
RSI Handle
Loteus
Greetings, TESTies!

As those of you with exceptional observation skills might have been able to discern, I'm Loteus.
I've been with TEST PS2 for quite some time, being a squad leader and inviter there, as well as being part of the good old 42nd armoured division.
I've been slowly working on a way to provide more footage for propaganda (read: recruitment), by way of Cryengine model extraction.
Now, enough about me, and let's move to more about me.

Where you from stranger?
Vancouver area. The real Vancouver area, and not that smaller, inferior Vancouver area down to the south.
What drew you to Star Citizen?
TEST in planetside, really. Someone started a thread about having a TEST fleet, and I took a look. Seemed pretty promising, so I went through my "list of things that make a good game" 1. gratuitous explosions; check. 2. space; check. 3. gunships; check. Everything seemed to check out, so I pledged for a 300i and then got a Avenger when I realized that it was in fact, a gunship.
What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
Step 1: Lurk around in mining asteroid fields. Step 2: wait for small mining ships to arrive. Step 3: rise (even if we're in space and there's no down) from behind a asteroid, blaring Wagner, and open fire with the nose mounted chaingun.
What was the first game you remember playing?
First actual game I remember was a simple first person maze game that my dad made for me, when I was what, five? It would randomly generate a basic maze, and you would use WASD to move and IJKL to turn in 90 degree increments.
What other games do you play?
Planetside, Battlefield, Mechwarrior (badly), Mount and Blade, Xcom, that sort of thing.
Picard or Kirk?
Erm... Erm... Picard, probably. He's the better captain, even if Kirk did get himself out of some pretty dire situations.

Anything else you want to blurt out.
I'm almost addicted to editing stuff. If you are writing something, feel free to send it to me, and I'll fix it up for you.

Flipper

Grand Moff of TEST Squardon
Nov 1, 2013
Vancouver is like Seattle except colder and less Valve, right? I approve of the Wagner. Maybe we can have a sub-fleet called "The Valkyries" who do nothing but sit behind asteroids all day so that when miners come along they can rise up from behind them blasting the stereo through space via microwaves or something.

Loteus

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 1, 2013
RSI Handle
Loteus
Vancouver is Seattle, but wetter (provided that's possible), less Valve, more Piranha Games (the mechwarrior guys), more Stargate, more film industry, and more hockey.

I like the Valkyries idea. We need to have a preset track of it that slowly fades in from static for maximum "Oh Crap" potential.

Flipper

Grand Moff of TEST Squardon
Nov 1, 2013
Holy shit you mentioned Stargate, turns out Battlestar Galactica was filmed in Vancouver (primarily)! Jeeeez. I wonder if there's a museum.

We should get some programming types to work out a way to hack the audio systems of our targets to broadcast directly inside their ships. Psychological warfare turned up to 11 right there.

Loteus

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 1, 2013
RSI Handle
Loteus
Apparently, there's some Battlestar stuff at the EMP Museum (which is in Seattle, oddly enough).

I wonder how far the electronic warfare part of the game will go... What you're saying about the comms hacking would be amazing, but it might ruin the game a little bit, taken too far, taking control away from other people and all that.

Forgot your password?