Lynx Rover Concept Sale?

Doc Flanigan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Doc_Flanigan
A question for some of you old timers... was there ever a standalone Lynx Rover Concept sale? I know it's been bundled with the Phoenix forever, but was wondering if it had it's own concept sale or not. If not, what are the chances of it being offered with LTI at ILW? :)

Last edited:

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
A question for some of you old timers... was there ever a standalone Lynx Rover Concept sale? I know it's been bundled with the Phoenix forever, but was wondering if it had it's own concept sale or not. If not, what are the chances of it being offer with LTI at ILW? :)
As far as I am aware, it has only been available in the Constellation Phoenix\Phoenix Emerald "bundle", as well as in the "All Terrain Vehicle Mega Pack".

So while it has been available to acquire, it has never been on its own\as a single item... In theory this means that when released it should have LTI, but there's no guarantee of this.

Edit: Based on a couple of the recent "LTI Token" sales (Hoverquad and C8r), there is a faint possibility that if you "own" the Lynx (and\or possibly the Ursa) you may get an additional $5 discount coupon... There is no guarantee that this will happen, but if you have the credits, adding an Ursa to your hangar may be of value (i wouldn't go and spend cash on one, though).

Last edited:

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
I would genuinely like to see the Lynx + Phoenix offered again as an LTI package. CIG has the wiggle room to do this, even if some crusty, self-important old backers will throw salt on an affront to their 'exclusivity' being infringed upon. Recently the Phoenix could be had with LTI in the RSI flyable pack (which of course included the Lynx) and the 2953 Party Pack included the Emerald version (at a pitiful discount for such a large pack).

Guessing it would be a significant money maker if they do so, and I'm to the point where 'exclusivity' doesn't matter a rat's ass to me; Sell ALL the ships and build the damn game!

Edit: I feel the same way about the Sabre Raven - it's too cool of a ship to lose to an ancient licensing agreement, and would sell really well. I love mine, and would never get rid of it even if that were possible. Release a 'variant' (whatever that actually means to CIG) with LTI and watch the $$$ spin in.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I would genuinely like to see the Lynx + Phoenix offered again as an LTI package. CIG has the wiggle room to do this, even if some crusty, self-important old backers will throw salt on an affront to their 'exclusivity' being infringed upon. Recently the Phoenix could be had with LTI in the RSI flyable pack (which of course included the Lynx) and the 2953 Party Pack included the Emerald version (at a pitiful discount for such a large pack).

Guessing it would be a significant money maker if they do so, and I'm to the point where 'exclusivity' doesn't matter a rat's ass to me; Sell ALL the ships and build the damn game!

Edit: I feel the same way about the Sabre Raven - it's too cool of a ship to lose to an ancient licensing agreement, and would sell really well. I love mine, and would never get rid of it even if that were possible. Release a 'variant' (whatever that actually means to CIG) with LTI and watch the $$$ spin in.
It kind of defeats the whole purpose of the original sale this is like if they offered the amd mustang for sale.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
It kind of defeats the whole purpose of the original sale this is like if they offered the amd mustang for sale.
How do you figure? The purpose of the original sale was to make money to run the company. It would be no different now except to a MUCH larger audience. Yes, some of us got shiny toys that no one who came later can get.. why does that matter anymore? Let them make the money, to make the game, since ship sales are the bulk of what is making this happen.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
How do you figure? The purpose of the original sale was to make money to run the company. It would be no different now except to a MUCH larger audience. Yes, some of us got shiny toys that no one who came later can get.. why does that matter anymore? Let them make the money, to make the game, since ship sales are the bulk of what is making this happen.
the Raven was sponsored by Intel so they payed for it. Riot got royalties on each sale for the hardware they were selling. If anything they would probably make another promo with a different piece of hardware.

Reactions: CosmicTrader

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
As far as I am aware, it has only been available in the Constellation Phoenix\Phoenix Emerald "bundle", as well as in the "All Terrain Vehicle Mega Pack".

So while it has been available to acquire, it has never been on its own\as a single item... In theory this means that when released it should have LTI, but there's no guarantee of this.

Edit: Based on a couple of the recent "LTI Token" sales (Hoverquad and C8r), there is a faint possibility that if you "own" the Lynx (and\or possibly the Ursa) you may get an additional $5 discount coupon... There is no guarantee that this will happen, but if you have the credits, adding an Ursa to your hangar may be of value (i wouldn't go and spend cash on one, though).
I agree with this....

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
The Lynx won't be offered as a stand alone package with the Phoenix, because the Phoenix comes with the Lynx. To make it work, you would need to buy a Lynx, PLUS the Lynx they gave you (btw, cig needs to give you the lynx or Ursa in your hangar to take out separately)

That said, I fully expect to see a "Emerald Lynx" sold with the Phoenix Emerald for LTI the first St. Patrick's day after the concept sale.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
That said, I fully expect to see a "Emerald Lynx" sold with the Phoenix Emerald for LTI the first St. Patrick's day after the concept sale.
Does the Phoenix Emerald, when randomly sold, already come with an Emerald Lynx or just a regular Lynx?

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Does the Phoenix Emerald, when randomly sold, already come with an Emerald Lynx or just a regular Lynx?
i havnt seen any information in general for a emerald lynx. From what concierge support told me the emerald comes with a lynx just like the normal.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
a regular lynx, and it is only sold on St. Paddy's day....never seen it sold other times.

Forgot your password?