M50 vs 350R

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Don't think that this will happen, sorry. The M50 always has been the superior racer.

Perhaps you can open a "vote for 350R"-campaign by opening a corresponding "vote for 350R"-thread as well as announcement on discord...?

fiarce

Space Marshal
Jul 19, 2016
RSI Handle
fiarce
Don't think that this will happen, sorry. The M50 always has been the superior racer.

Perhaps you can open a "vote for 350R"-campaign by opening a corresponding "vote for 350R"-thread as well as announcement on discord...?
This is why I own a M50, but with bigger tracks and longer races in the future...

Reactions: AstroSam

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
What's the difference between the two? I'll admit I ignored the 300 series because they seem doughy, but after flying the 315p (part of my mega-explorers pack) I loved its responsiveness. I'll probably just ccu the 315, but may be interested in keeping it in the 300 family.

The other option is turning it to a Buccy when they come back on sale.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
350R is hands down the fastest straight away flyer.
M50 is pretty damn close but more nimble.
Sooo....no useful features? Just fast? That seems lame. I'm not going to get into racing as I crash into everything.

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
Sooo....no useful features? Just fast? That seems lame. I'm not going to get into racing as I crash into everything.
General Discussion
There is a bed in the 350R and a small area that can be used for storage. You won't fit a Dragonfly in there, but you can certainly throw a few small crates in if you are picking through wrecks. The 350R may (should) be able to cross-fit the items from the other 300 models that allow them to fill different roles. I'm hoping so. I absolutely don't regret buying the 350R, it is the one ship that I bought just for the fun of it, but if it can be cross-fitted to perform additional duties then I'll be even happier.

Captain Call

Space Marshal
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Captain W F Call
I vote for the M50 -- I have both - the M50 has better handling - like small sport car -- the 350 is more like a muscle car -- neither are good fighters - but you can get out of the area fast if you need to - in a fight is best run away with either of these ships - depending on the other guy shooting ability - you can have fun buzzing around them

Last edited:

fiarce

Space Marshal
Jul 19, 2016
RSI Handle
fiarce
I vote for the M50 -- I have both - the M50 has better handling - like small sport car -- the 350 is more like a muscle car -- neither are weak fighters - but you can get out of the area fast if you need to - in a fight is best run away with either of these ships - depending on the other guy shooting ability - you can have fun buzzing around them
If you have both, help me get both - vote 350R! :D

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp
From experience I feel like the m50 can guarantee more wins overall due to speed and control (assuming you've gotten the hang of racing at low speeds in general). The 350r though if you get used to it will definitely get you faster times. I find it hard to match the lap times i have been able to get with a 350r even with combstab and g-safe on. Plus its super satisfying to come in and out of turns at break neck speeds nearly blacking out.

Im torn cause i know if they bring back the Tali Base im gonna upgrade my freelancer dur to that. M50 or 350R it deff feels like the 350r has more all around versatility.

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp
Im actually curious to see how my Archimedes will stack up in the future.

hope they get around to getting it flight ready soon

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Thanks Fiarce for pointing this poll out. I am glad I had to chance to throw my vote in. I have my fingers crossed for the M50 to win so I can pick one up. I already have the gamma and the 350 so the M50 would round out my collection.

Forgot your password?