Macabre, I have terrible news!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
@Macabre Poetry

Your beer mug seems to have run into problems on its journey to your door!

This arrived here today, it seems we put a wrong number in your address, so it came back.

The box was crushed and the note said something was rattling inside.

Beer mugs are not supposed to rattle.

Let us bow our heads in a moment of silence.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
@Macabre Poetry

This arrived back at my door.

The box was crushed and the note said something was rattling inside.

Beer mugs are not supposed to rattle.

Let us bow our heads in a moment of silence.

They were throwing your package around. I would make a complaint, and state how unacceptable it is, get it's value and shipping back.

PSIcoh

Grand Admiral
Jul 28, 2015
RSI Handle
PSIcoh
A toast. To a fallen mug taken from us too soon... Skål.

On a more serious note, Azmo has a point, Macabre clearly put some cushioning in the box. Might want to file a complaint about it.

Reactions: Blind Owl

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Friends, strangers, drunkards; we are gathered here today to pay respects to @Macabre Poetry's beer mug. Struck down before its prime, this noble tableware was broken before it even carried a singled sop of fermented glory. The breaking of such a beautiful piece is always a sad occasion, but to be taken from this world in such a cruel anonymous manner is a far greater tragedy.

That is not the way of a beer mug; no, a good mug may have many years of service, carry many gallons of liquid cheer, toast many happy occasions and commiserate the sad ones. No, the way for a mug to go out should be in a blaze of glory; shattered during an enthusiastic toasting, or knocked from its perch during a night of rambunctious carousing, sundered against some ruffians forehead in the midst of a inebriated fracas, or even dashed upon the floor after victory in a drinking contest. All of these are noble ends for a beer mug, but this stein was taken before its time.

Come now my friends, and drink with me. A toast for the mug that never toasted; may it never be forgotten.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Friends, strangers, drunkards; we are gathered here today to pay respects to @Macabre Poetry's beer mug. Struck down before its prime, this noble tableware was broken before it even carried a singled sop of fermented glory. The breaking of such a beautiful piece is always a sad occasion, but to be taken from this world in such a cruel anonymous manner is a far greater tragedy.

That is not the way of a beer mug; no, a good mug may have many years of service, carry many gallons of liquid cheer, toast many happy occasions and commiserate the sad ones. No, the way for a mug to go out should be in a blaze of glory; shattered during an enthusiastic toasting, or knocked from its perch during a night of rambunctious carousing, sundered against some ruffians forehead in the midst of a inebriated fracas, or even dashed upon the floor after victory in a drinking contest. All of these are noble ends for a beer mug, but this stein was taken before its time.

Come now my friends, and drink with me. A toast for the mug that never toasted; may it never be forgotten.
Sir I salute your grandiose but thoughtful language. Couldn't have done it any better myself.

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz

That was beautiful. *tear falls into mug*

Seriously though, those mugs are pretty thick. That had to take some extremely special handling to end up in that many pieces.

Forgot your password?