Made a million space bucks in about 5 hours of gameplay!

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
Ah! So you were the reason why I fell and spilled my beer...
Anyhow, congrats for your booming business!
Just tell me, of those 5 hours, how many did you spend simply getting in and out of atmosphere?
The only drawback to that tub is that long climb out. It’s the slowest elevator in the universe. Another minor problem is, while you no longer have to leave the cockpit after you fill every one-SCU container of material to eject it and place it on the cargo grid, you still have to do it eventually. And you can’t be in an armistice zone because the multi tool tractor beam won’t fire. That means if you’re single handing the thing, if you come under attack while you’re in the cargo hold, you have to get to a turret quick and defend yourself, because even a starfarer is going to pummel you. But that possibility just spices up the game a little!

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
But that possibility just spices up the game a little!
Now THAT is an attitude worthy of a TEST member!
Full points for you!
Also extra points for the Pub crawl.
One more point and you win a fresh can of Montoya infused Guinness.
Just tell @Yex I sent you. :o7:

Yex

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Yex
Now THAT is an attitude worthy of a TEST member!
Full points for you!
Also extra points for the Pub crawl.
One more point and you win a fresh can of Montoya infused Guinness.
Just tell @Yex I sent you. :o7:
‘Do you see that?’ he asked quietly. At first, only silence followed. Hesitantly, the Guard soldiers began to cast glances to each other, uncomfortable with the Chaplain’s presence and confused by his behaviour. All eyes were on him now. Montoya aimed his mace out at the advancing hordes. Thousands. Tens of thousands. And only the very beginning. ‘Do you see that?’ he roared at the humans. The closest ranks flinched back from the mechanical bark that issued almost deafeningly loud from his skull helm. ‘Answer me!’ He received several trembling nods. ‘Yes, sir...’ uttered a handful of them, the speakers faceless within the masses behind their rebreather masks. Montoya turned back to the wasteland, already dark with the teeming, chaotic ranks of the enemy. At first, his helm emitted a low, vox-distorted chuckle. Within a few seconds, he was laughing, laughing up at the burning sky while aiming his crozius hammer at the enemy. ‘Are you all as insulted as I am? This is what they send against us?’ He turned back to the men, the laughter fading, but amused contempt filling his voice even through the inhumanising vocalisers of his helm. ‘This is what they send? This rabble? We hold one of the mightiest squadrons on the face of the planet. The fury of its guns sends all skyborne enemies to the ground in flames. We stand united in our thousands – our weapons without number, our purity without question, and our hearts beating courage through our blood. And this is how they attack us? ‘Brothers and sisters... A legion of beggars and alien dregs wheezes its way across the plains. Forgive me when the moment comes that they whine and weep against our walls. Forgive me that I must order you to waste ammunition upon their worthless bodies.’ Montoya paused, lowering his weapon at last, turning his back on the invaders as if bored by their very existence. His entire attention was focussed upon the drunkards below him. ‘I have heard many souls speak my name in whispers since I came to Star Citizen. I ask you now: Do you know me?’ ‘Yes,’ several voices replied, several among the hundreds. ‘Do you know me?’ he bellowed at them over the firing of the wall-guns. ‘Yes!’ a chorus answered now. ‘I am Montoya of TEST Squardon! A brother to the Steel Legions of Auroras!’ A muted cheer greeted his words. It wasn’t enough, not even close. ‘Never again in life will your actions carry such consequence. Never again will you serve as you serve now. No duty will matter as much, and no glory will taste as true. We are the defenders of TEST. On this day, we carve our legend in the flesh of every alien we slay. Will you stand with me?’ Now the cheers came in truth. They thundered in the air around him. ‘Will you stand with me?’

Again, a roar. ‘Sons and daughters of the Imperium! Our blood is the blood of heroes and martyrs! The xenos dare defile our city? They dare tread the sacred soil of our world? We will throw their bodies from these walls when the final day dawns!’ A wave of noise crashed against his armour as they cheered. Montoya raised his war maul, aiming it to the embattled heavens. ‘This is our city! This is our world! Say it! Say it! Cry it out so the bastards in orbit will hear our fury! Our city! Our world!’ ‘OUR CITY! OUR WORLD!’ Laughing again, Montoya turned to face the oncoming horde. ‘Run, alien dogs! Come to me! Come to us all! Come and die in blood and fire!’ ‘BLOOD AND FIRE!’ The Reclusiarch cut the air with his crozius, as if ordering his men forward. ‘For the Squadron! For the Steel Auroras! For Seungs Sweet booty!’ ‘FOR BOOTY!’ ‘Louder!’ ‘FOR BOOTY!’ ‘They cannot hear you, brothers!’ ‘FOR BOOTY!’ ‘Hurl yourselves at these walls, inhuman filth! Die on our blades! I am Montoya of TEST Squardon, and I will cast your carcasses from these holy walls!’ ‘MONTOYA! MONTOYA! TOYOTA!’ @Montoya nodded, still staring out over the wastelands, letting the cheering chant mix with the howling wind, knowing it would carry to the advancing enemy.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
While I can't help but wonder whether this rousing example of a motivation speech was forged in the fires of an AI*, a BI** , a DS*** or simply CP**** with NI*****, I still can't help but shudder in anticipation at the idea of us following our glorious leader into a grand battle with impossible odds and all cards stacked against us.
That being said we still need a Hymn, a song to march to and something that will make the myriad Legions of our enemies soil their pants whenever they hear a thousand voices sing it into their faces.
Make that a dozen.
Or maybe it's just me...

*) Artificial Intelligence | **) Biological Intelligence | ***) Drunken Stupor | ****) Copy & Paste | *****) Names Inserted

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
Crap. There's a reason I mine stuff and salvage things. I can't fight my way out of a wet paper bag, and now I got to find a "crozius hammer" and a "war maul". Cubby Blast doesn't carry them, neither does Live Wire. Is this something coming out in 3.23?

Quick edit: Just googled "crozius hammer". Now I want one. ‘MONTOYA! MONTOYA! TOYOTA!’

Forgot your password?