CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard

Thanks to RussianJ letting me borrow his account for the evening, I was able to stream Elite: Dangerous on launch day. Someone had mentioned to me earlier that Frontier was hosting the top five ED streamers on their website, so during my stream, I checked it out and sure enough, I made the front page.

At one point, I was listed in the second slot with almost 300 viewers! What's funny is I was advertising a Star Citizen ship giveaway while I was featured. Not sure if trolling or just amusing timing. ;)

BadNewsBaron was also listed there most of the day as he had nearly 1,000 people watching him stream Elite: Dangerous. TEST Squardon getting it done like whoa!

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias

Thanks to RussianJ letting me borrow his account for the evening, I was able to stream Elite: Dangerous on launch day. Someone had mentioned to me earlier that Frontier was hosting the top five ED streamers on their website, so during my stream, I checked it out and sure enough, I made the front page.

At one point, I was listed in the second slot with almost 300 viewers! What's funny is I was advertising a Star Citizen ship giveaway while I was featured. Not sure if trolling or just amusing timing. ;)

BadNewsBaron was also listed there most of the day as he had nearly 1,000 people watching him stream Elite: Dangerous. TEST Squardon getting it done like whoa!
My pleasure good Sir! Also this is better:

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd

Easily one of coolest damn things ever! So happy for you sir. Totally awesome.

ANARCKOS

Vice Admiral
Oct 19, 2014
RSI Handle
ANARCKOS

you are the man captain, and you set the example hehe TEST domination ";..;"
note thorrn is also TEST

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
So is Elite worth picking up in your opinion? I have heard mixed reviews, mainly concerning the difficulty of no groups, and there not being very many players around.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
I had fun just doing the intro training stuff, doing some pew pew action, and trying out hyperspace travel or whatever it's called. But really, I only played it for an hour and same change on my stream, so I can't offer a really firm opinion.

I will say this: It makes me want the Star Citizen PU to go live BADLY. I might have to pick up Elite: Dangerous to tide me over on weekends. ;)

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
So is Elite worth picking up in your opinion? I have heard mixed reviews, mainly concerning the difficulty of no groups, and there not being very many players around.
ED is worth a pick up, as long as you don't expect the world. I treat it like a single player game, with the occasional semi exciting run-ins with real people. If you hang out in the more populated systems you'll see more people... but for what really? I'm not sure. What elite is good for, or what I like about it, is the mellow cruising through space. I crank the tunes and warp around. Ill scan some systems, do a few cargo runs. I dont use the trading tools, or clock $$ per hour. I dont chart every trade to maximize profit.. I don't plan anything really. I take it as it comes.

Forgot your password?