Making a video about Super Hornet. Post your thoughts about the ship

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
Hello Comrads, i am making a com-drink review for ANVL Super Hornet.
I am interested in your general feeling about the ship or maybe personal experience. If you don't like it, why don't you like it?
I've flown it many times and have all the technical specs, but would like to see a fresh perspective

Reactions: Unshaven

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno
I've only flown one once when i stole borrowed one in free flight. I found it OK to fly, i guess, it drifts a heck of a lot imho. Firepower is impressive.
That and it looks nothing like a hornet.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
It flyes better hit the spoiler blown off, drifts like a mofo and it is very sturdy. Also lots of guns.

Reactions: CGPepper

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
Its safe to say that yes it does in deed drift a lot, but it is designed to be a slower sturdier ship. It literally bristles with guns and really only takes one or 2 hits from each gun and no matter what your flying its dead. The power it brings to a fight cannot be denied.

The damage it can sustain is far beyond any other ship as well. I have flown and seen one with no wings or tail still going around shooting everything and getting kills.

For what they say its designed to do it does it very well. Takes a massive beating and dishes it back twice as hard. Definitely a great combat ship for a dogfight.

Unless its going to be massively more expensive or extremely hard to get I see it as a staple fleet composition in pvp. Only real way to match its current power is to bring one of your own, or bring 2 friends.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Hello Comrads, i am making a com-drink review for ANVL Super Hornet.
I am interested in your general feeling about the ship or maybe personal experience. If you don't like it, why don't you like it?
I've flown it many times and have all the technical specs, but would like to see a fresh perspective
SH is overlty favoured by CHRIS and thus will always be unexplainably better than other ships. If something new and better comes out, they will tweak the SH to be better. I hate it mainly for that reason.
Its basically IMO, constantly godmodded by the devs. Now its using size 4 guns.... which are bigger then the ship almost. Pretty stupid IMO. It break immersion, and takes away from being any sort of SIM, and its just a bad idea. But CIG does it.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
SH is overlty favoured by CHRIS and thus will always be unexplainably better than other ships. If something new and better comes out, they will tweak the SH to be better. I hate it mainly for that reason.
Its basically IMO, constantly godmodded by the devs. Now its using size 4 guns.... which are bigger then the ship almost. Pretty stupid IMO. It break immersion, and takes away from being any sort of SIM, and its just a bad idea. But CIG does it.
Chris Bias confirmed!

Enoch Lost

Captain
Oct 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Enoch_Lost
While I can't argue that it doesn't have big guns, I don't see how it breaks immersion.

If anything, making everything more balanced breaks immersion. In reality, the major military spec dogfighter should basically blow almost everything out of the water without question. It shouldn't even be a fight.

I won't argue that would make for the best game, sure. It's important to balance things at least somewhat. But it's not immersion breaking, I don't think.

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
Well, it has no cargo, slow and drifts forever. Take away the size 4 mount on top, and its easily outgunned by the saber that has 1x more s3 gun.
If anything, the regular hornet seem really underpowered

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
It's pretty much the gold standard of combat ships. Everything, EVERYTHING is compared to it.

It drifts around a bit (not as much as other ships cough Cutlass cough) but is still able to keep up with most others. Good acceleration and quite easy to handle.

Has a very, very impressive amount of firepower under its belt. 2 S3 Gatlings and the S4 fixed gun in the PTU is a whole lotta kickass and will shred pretty much anything it comes across. Expect to see 2 of those ripping open Constellations like a can opener.

Once the armor is finally put in, SH will shine. It, and the other Hornets, have (IIRC) a flat 20% damage resist that other ships don't, but that's not the same as the armor system.

Overall a very solid and dependable workhorse. I think the Gladius is more fun to fly, but the Super Hornet is probably more effective.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Nuffin´ to add that others haven´t already said. It´s not the fastest ship on the block, but it does alright. It can and will drift like a mofo. It has enough guns to make an NRA nut feel inadequate, and it can take a pounding like a I'm not gonna finish that simile. But yeah, it's pretty alright ship in my book. If you can't make a SH work, you needs a lot of practice.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
It has horrible handling by fighter standards (glaive gladius scythe and hell even the avenger imo have better handling) it carries no cargo. It demands a price premium above all fighters of its class except rare vanduul fighters and the brand new sabre (remember the hornet is an aging desin, not a new one so it doesnt have the new tech the sabre had). The s4 isnt as large as the ship. The hornet does 2 thing. Damage and defense. You take away one of those its worthless. It is also a premier ship that has been repeatdlysaid it was sold underpriced so anyone could have one of the 5 most iconic ships. The connie was similiar underpriced at 250 when it demand an easy 300 price

Reactions: Enoch Lost

Darkshaunz

Captain
Oct 2, 2014
RSI Handle
Darkshaunz
The ship looks really damned nice, like it has a lot of charm. Also it helps that the actual loadout entails something bristling with guns.

It looks cool to me, which is infinitely more important than anything technical.

Forgot your password?