Manor Lords

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Picked this up recently and so far it's been a blast. Do take a look at this if you're into City building games, the Total War series, or have an interest in Medieval themed games.

Pretty impressive that this game is pretty much the sole project of one developer (Yes a single guy) albeit with some external help in Art, Music, etc. As of recently, the game has sold a million copies on Steam. Pretty impressive!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhk4HAxLhq8

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Picked this up recently and so far it's been a blast. Do take a look at this if you're into City building games, the Total War series, or have an interest in Medieval themed games.

Pretty impressive that this game is pretty much the sole project of one developer (Yes a single guy) albeit with some external help in Art, Music, etc. As of recently, the game has sold a million copies on Steam. Pretty impressive!

I was looking at this in the past and seemed like something I'd like, the graphics and detail is great, but it seemed to lack in endgame longevity. Basically there was nowhere to grow/upgrade into. Did this change compared to the demo, or is it still coming one day?

Currently I play Songs of Syx, it's a pixel-graphic city state sim made by a single guy in java. It simulates every single citizen, has a dynamic market, like SC is supposed to, and you can see them walking around, see their needs, stats and so on. You can also order to arrest or execute every single one of em, if you so desire. They like to riot a lot when they don't get fed for 6 months straight, that's about all I can tell you about the gameplay lol :D It has scale, you can go from individual up to a global world map, where you can conquer other nations. It's a quiet large game actually.
There's a demo of it on steam, which is the full unlimited game for free, just not the latest version.
Once you are bored of Manor Lord and you haven't played Song of Syx before, give it a look! It's hard to learn and even harder to master!

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I was looking at this in the past and seemed like something I'd like, the graphics and detail is great, but it seemed to lack in endgame longevity. Basically there was nowhere to grow/upgrade into. Did this change compared to the demo, or is it still coming one day?

Currently I play Songs of Syx, it's a pixel-graphic city state sim made by a single guy in java. It simulates every single citizen, has a dynamic market, like SC is supposed to, and you can see them walking around, see their needs, stats and so on. You can also order to arrest or execute every single one of em, if you so desire. They like to riot a lot when they don't get fed for 6 months straight, that's about all I can tell you about the gameplay lol :D It has scale, you can go from individual up to a global world map, where you can conquer other nations. It's a quiet large game actually.
There's a demo of it on steam, which is the full unlimited game for free, just not the latest version.
Once you are bored of Manor Lord and you haven't played Song of Syx before, give it a look! It's hard to learn and even harder to master!
Thanks for the heads up! I'm not the biggest pixel graphic guy but I do like a good city builder/simulator. I might take a look at this when it goes on sale!

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader

Very impressive. Thanks for sharing!

This appears to be a updated (Graphics etc) of the 90s game Settlers - which I played for hundreds of hours and loved.
If I had the time I would certainly play this.
I HIGHLY recommend this game. Enjoy!

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Thanks for the heads up! I'm not the biggest pixel graphic guy but I do like a good city builder/simulator. I might take a look at this when it goes on sale!
I'm not much of a fan of pixel graphics either, but in this case it's fairly understandable considering it's made by one guy and it has to handle thousands of individuals at a rather decent depth.
I heard that it never really goes on sale except when it was recently reviewed by a youtuber, but the Demo on steam is the free full unlimited version of the game!

Oh yeah it does remind me of Settlers! That was such a great game! I'm gonna give Manor Lords a try sometimes, if I ever have the time for it. Currently I'm going through Fallout2 again when I'm not helldiving or painting gunpla, so it will be a while.

Forgot your password?