Mantis commercial

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Funny commercial, like that Mantis could actually do anything to that Caterpillar beyond explode in its general direction.

Would've been a more compelling commercial if there were several other RSI ships with it.

Reactions: Blind Owl and Scape

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
No doubt, but do we know anything about the quality of the components? civi, industrial, military? The webpage is currently being overwhelmed and I can't read anything

Reactions: Blind Owl

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
No doubt, but do we know anything about the quality of the components? civi, industrial, military? The webpage is currently being overwhelmed and I can't read anything
From when I got to mess with one in PTU the stock components all looked low end, like Class C Civilian low end.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Oh what, I thought It's was a mine planter or something. So from we know now it's have the ability and pull ships from quantum and what then?
If the Mantis is alone and pulls anything other than a single Mustang, most likely attempt apologies in the hopes of not getting blown up.

Reactions: Hybus and Blind Owl

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I like the concept, this games about immersion after all, if you gave a larger ship this ability it could disrupt and kill anything at will so it only makes sense to put it on a smaller vessel and require them to act in a group effort. I mean imagine a Hammerhead or a Polaris with this ability this is smart imo.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
This is to funny, I totally called this commercial awhile back when we first saw the reveal, I called EMP which is kind of close?? lol Anyways I thought I got pretty damn close to this!

This is obviously a Mantis, Praying Mantis love to eat insects like Caterpillars lol.

I am thinking more than a fighter, maybe a fighter/hauler where it can take on larger ships and steal the cargo, why else target a hauler like a Caterpillar if you cant steal their shit hehe. What about a stealthy boarding ship? We haven't seen anything like that yet, sneak in on a large cargo ship and board it? Maybe emp to disable? I think this feels more than just a fighter to me.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
It's cheap to buy so many people will buy it, use it, and thereby test the mechanic for CIG. It's a one trick pony so those many people can't overly abuse the mechanic.

It's a brilliant plan really.

Once they've balanced this they'll release the mechanic in a platform that is more usable. Until then, the kids will frolic, people will bitch and whine, ships will be destroyed. It'll be great. Just fly around in a MIS and missile every fucker that pulls you out of quantum. Hahaha.

Reactions: Phil and Deroth

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
It's not just that, this is also a "low" cost vessel after dropping the mine layer. So it will encourage some people who wouldn't open their wallets for that.

Forgot your password?