Map Rework

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
I cant vouch for anyone else but the one thing i just dont get on with is the star map, often its hard to orientate and work out whats where.
Its a light blue colour and quite opaque and I know alot of people have no trouble with it and whilst using mobiglass keep it just as it is....for on the go its fine.

But when you get into your ship you can have a monitor dedicated to it....HD resolution and highly detailed. Showing facts and pictures that you couldnt see on mobiglass.
Then you can set destination from there. Simple fix but would add something.

It might be in the pipeline or if theres a better way to use the map please tell me. Or tell me to shut up...😂

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Xenorak

Grand Admiral
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Xenorak
I've always thought a simple 2D map would suffice for viewing and selecting destinations in the system. Only when needing to get around a planet does the 3D aspect really come into play for me, otherwise it's a fight to orient the map how I need half the time. It's cool and all, but in my opinion not really a necessity when dealing with the longer range jumps.

Reactions: Scape

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I cant vouch for anyone else but the one thing i just dont get on with is the star map, often its hard to orientate and work out whats where.
Its a light blue colour and quite opaque and I know alot of people have no trouble with it and whilst using mobiglass keep it just as it is....for on the go its fine.

But when you get into your ship you can have a monitor dedicated to it....HD resolution and highly detailed. Showing facts and pictures that you couldnt see on mobiglass.
Then you can set destination from there. Simple fix but would add something.

It might be in the pipeline or if theres a better way to use the map please tell me. Or tell me to shut up...😂
You get used to it...what helped me a lot is that right-clicking twice will center it and zoom out so you can see the whole thing, then you can just zoom in using the scroll wheel or double click on stuff you want to look closer at.

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
Yea i get it...it works. Just think it could be flushed out a bit easier

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
Is there a system in game yo overview each planet and moon and get a brief of them??. PU gonna be a big place, just be nice to have that quality star map with info....but like i said its just me. Ill manage with it👍

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
There's a galactic encyclopedia in the works which should cover all your info needs.it will be accessible on the website and in-game too.
Tbh I would like to have a 2D overview map as well for setting routes, it would make "generic" travel between trading hubs and such much easier.

Reactions: Deroth and Scape

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
You get used to it...what helped me a lot is that right-clicking twice will center it and zoom out so you can see the whole thing, then you can just zoom in using the scroll wheel or double click on stuff you want to look closer at.
Playing last night and that tip about double right click helps so much, after "wear a condom" its the best tip ever😂

Forgot your password?