Mass Effect: Andromeda $5 on Origin, Im taking the plunge!

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
I just picked up For Honor last night, the starter pack.Hoping its fun.
I play For Honour all the time...but on Xbox. I got hooked, combat system is unique but the thing you want to watch is the microtransactions. I love the game but every stupid little thing is super expensive. 7000 steel for lets say a unique skin for clothes. And per 30min game you get between 50 -150 steel. My only gripe (balancing is stupid sometimes) . Im hooked on it

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
Andromeda....lot of game for such a low price, i played it and enjoyed it. Yes its a low for the series story wise but combat and overall enjoyment was 8/10

Reactions: Ganji

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
The combat is fun, I didn't mind the story, I just thought it wasn't quite up to Bioware standards. Short explanation I believe is, they tried to squeeze it out to fast on the heels of the ME3 controversy in an effort to salvage the universe and it showed.
Yea they did but they outsourced alot of the facial animations to a 3rd party company and they couldnt deliver what they wanted. Also i believe Bioware passed the project to Bioware Montreal who are a sister company?? I think. And it was forced out too soon, just a clusterfuck really

Max Caliber

Commander
Nov 2, 2018
RSI Handle
Max Caliber
I enjoyed it for a while. but as others have said it starts to feel like the same thing over and over. There are some really great visuals and elements to it. I just got board.

Reactions: Scape

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
Well...... it’s 7.99€ here. I’ll have to think about it since for 9.99€ I could get Titanfall 2 or Battlefront 2, ganes that I think I’ll enjoy more.

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
Well...... it’s 7.99€ here. I’ll have to think about it since for 9.99€ I could get Titanfall 2 or Battlefront 2, ganes that I think I’ll enjoy more.
Titanfall 2... holy shit it's an excellent game. The campaign is basically a 5 hour buddy cop movie with a giant robot death machine as your partner, and the multiplayer is top notch but very skill dependent.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I played it and yes i agree with most of the criticism in this thread, story was not nearly as good as the others, the grind was boring, early on the bugs and facial animations were an issue not sure about now and basically EA abandoned the game early on. All in its just not half as good as the others imo.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Titanfall 2 was pretty damn good I beat that game in like a week or 2 I was addicted.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I think like almost everybody else on the internet, I skipped this game due the the relentless criticism about terrible facial animations.

I was looking at my Anthem pre-order to see if there is anything new coming up on Jan as far as alpha or beta tests, and I noticed Mass Effect: Andromeda hiding in the corner.

I clicked through and to my surprise it is selling for $5!

Thanks for the shoutout, I've just bought it plus SW Battlefront 2.
That should bridge a little of the wait for SC ^^

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Just a reminder, that if you are not sure which of the games mentioned above you want to buy (BattleFront2, ME:Andro, Titanfall2), they are all available with Origin Access Basic membership which costs 5USD / month. So if you don't mind not "owning" these games and think you can get through them (or get bored) in a months time, you can just pay for one month of Basic.
Just don't forget to cancel the recurring payment!

While ppl like to hate on this system out of principle, I found it to be well worth the money. Especially back 2 years ago when I first subbed for a few months, as the monthly payment was equivalent to less than 3usd for some reason... (I guess living in a shithole country has it's advantages)
I got to play both of the "latest" big Need for Speed titles while they were still selling for 50/60usd in stores, played Shenzen I/O a lot, tried and got bored of Andromeda pretty fast, played the much maligned fail that was the last Sim City, played through multiple Battlefields' single player campaigns, tried the sadly medicore Crysis 3 and Dragon Age games, and played lots of Mirrors Edge. (Also bought BFront1 and BF1 with nice discounts)
All games I wanted to play but didn't have the money or conviction to pay full price for at the time they were made available on Origin. I was right not to buy em anyways as I got bored/dissapointed with most of em after a week or 2.
So if you are on the fence about these, there is this option as well.

Reactions: Phil

UbEcLoWn

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
UbEcLoWn
Yea. At $5 it's a steal. I thought it was a solid title. Never finished it but the majority of the game looks pretty fantastic.

Reactions: Phil

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Just a reminder, that if you are not sure which of the games mentioned above you want to buy (BattleFront2, ME:Andro, Titanfall2), they are all available with Origin Access Basic membership which costs 5USD / month. So if you don't mind not "owning" these games and think you can get through them (or get bored) in a months time, you can just pay for one month of Basic.
Just don't forget to cancel the recurring payment!

While ppl like to hate on this system out of principle, I found it to be well worth the money. Especially back 2 years ago when I first subbed for a few months, as the monthly payment was equivalent to less than 3usd for some reason... (I guess living in a shithole country has it's advantages)
I got to play both of the "latest" big Need for Speed titles while they were still selling for 50/60usd in stores, played Shenzen I/O a lot, tried and got bored of Andromeda pretty fast, played the much maligned fail that was the last Sim City, played through multiple Battlefields' single player campaigns, tried the sadly medicore Crysis 3 and Dragon Age games, and played lots of Mirrors Edge. (Also bought BFront1 and BF1 with nice discounts)
All games I wanted to play but didn't have the money or conviction to pay full price for at the time they were made available on Origin. I was right not to buy em anyways as I got bored/dissapointed with most of em after a week or 2.
So if you are on the fence about these, there is this option as well.
Ya I got the premium sub since I canceled my WoW account 2 months ago there are some good titles in there to play if you have not played them before.

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Hadron Xon

Space Marshal
Jan 18, 2016
RSI Handle
Hadron_Xon
Make a post on that later, I've been debating picking it up,. I've heard recent updates and support have made it amazing.

Played for honor for about 5 hours, I really have enjoyed the game.The combat system is complex and fun with a really high skill ceiling for some classes.Have not touched the pvp yet as i am still just learning the basics and playing through the story mode.

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
The combat is fun, I didn't mind the story, I just thought it wasn't quite up to Bioware standards. Short explanation I believe is, they tried to squeeze it out to fast on the heels of the ME3 controversy in an effort to salvage the universe and it showed.
It wasnt developed by the original developers of the ME series, it was a bunch of amateurs from the studio.

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
Titanfall 2... holy shit it's an excellent game. The campaign is basically a 5 hour buddy cop movie with a giant robot death machine as your partner, and the multiplayer is top notch but very skill dependent.
I really enjoyed the first one. I really wanted to play the second one but when they released it I was in a really stressful time and didn’t have time to play it. That’s why I really want to take it now that it’s cheaper.

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
I really enjoyed the first one. I really wanted to play the second one but when they released it I was in a really stressful time and didn’t have time to play it. That’s why I really want to take it now that it’s cheaper.
It's definitely worth 5-8$

Forgot your password?