Mass Effect: Andromeda $5 on Origin, Im taking the plunge!

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I just watched it, and he pretty much nails it.

It's a great game in the gameplay mechanics standpoint, but very shallow in the BioWare standpoint.
I wish there was more to the exploration than countless fetch quests.
I wanted to have a 2nd full playthrough, but I only managed about 20%.

Enjoyed the first run through though, for what it was worth.

Such a shame how it ended up...

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
I think like almost everybody else on the internet, I skipped this game due the the relentless criticism about terrible facial animations.

I was looking at my Anthem pre-order to see if there is anything new coming up on Jan as far as alpha or beta tests, and I noticed Mass Effect: Andromeda hiding in the corner.

I clicked through and to my surprise it is selling for $5!

I do not recall all the reasons beyond some wonky facial animations that people were crying about, but for $5 I will definitely give this a shot!

I payed, I got the deluxe upgrade for $6 total which came with some armor and weapons, downloaded, installed and ran the game.

Im 4hrs in as of this morning and Ill be completely honest, I have to go back to youtube to see what it was that people were complaining about because I have not seen a single issue yet!

I think they fixed the worst problems and perhaps I have not hit the bad parts in my gameplay, but the faces look fine and the game is playing smooth.

Im going to play through the entire game this week and get back to you with a full report. I am curious to see if Bioware was able to fix all the problems, albeit a little too late because the game is all but forgotten at this stage.
don't do it ! Not worth the 5$ !

Reactions: Bambooza

former

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 7, 2015
RSI Handle
former
I think like almost everybody else on the internet, I skipped this game due the the relentless criticism about terrible facial animations.

I was looking at my Anthem pre-order to see if there is anything new coming up on Jan as far as alpha or beta tests, and I noticed Mass Effect: Andromeda hiding in the corner.

I clicked through and to my surprise it is selling for $5!

I do not recall all the reasons beyond some wonky facial animations that people were crying about, but for $5 I will definitely give this a shot!

I payed, I got the deluxe upgrade for $6 total which came with some armor and weapons, downloaded, installed and ran the game.

Im 4hrs in as of this morning and Ill be completely honest, I have to go back to youtube to see what it was that people were complaining about because I have not seen a single issue yet!

I think they fixed the worst problems and perhaps I have not hit the bad parts in my gameplay, but the faces look fine and the game is playing smooth.

Im going to play through the entire game this week and get back to you with a full report. I am curious to see if Bioware was able to fix all the problems, albeit a little too late because the game is all but forgotten at this stage.
Still 49.99 for those of us in Australia 😟

Forgot your password?