Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Holy shit !!!!
Finally. :D

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE.

While we aren’t ready to go into too many details just yet, as you saw in the trailer and can tell by the name, this game is very much a new adventure, taking place far away from and long after the events of the original trilogy. You will play a human, male or female, though that’s actually not the character you saw in the trailer (more on that later). You’ll be exploring an all-new galaxy, Andromeda, and piloting the new and improved Mako you saw. And through it all, you will have a new team of adventurers to work with, learn from, fight alongside of, and fall in love with.

Last edited:

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I am extremely interested. I loved the world of Mass Effect, I'd like to see some more adventures in it.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Designers in SC are like amateurs when you see what visuals they create concerning star systems and planets, compared to what we just saw in that MA4 trailer. :eek:

I hope they take notes and spread the word in the studio.
LOL.

1 more year and MA4 will be out, kinda same as SC.
I sincerely hope it can go toe to toe.

But then again, Cryengine is infinitely inferior to Frostbyte engine. :/
Not much we can do.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
SC and Mass Effect are going for two different ideas though

ME is going for magical mechanics. Thinga folding into themselves when impossible, haveing completly unsupported structures be supported. It is all fair game as long as it looks cool.

SC is going for realism. If something golds does it clip and maintain original mass? Would a ship collapse under it own weight? In the TNGS more than a few teams were called out on this stuff.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Pre-rendered early hype video =/= playable title. Look at Watch Dogs for proof of that.

CIG hasn't shown us anything beyond early concept art, a handful of ships, and a skybox with rocks to fly around. So I think it's fair to say that it's waaaay too early in both game's development to start making any kind of comparisons.

Also never mind that Cryengine is not "infinitely inferior" to Frostbite (they're two completely different engines to begin with), CIG took the source and turned it inside out to practically make their own engine. How many times did we hear of Crytek scratching their heads while trying to help CIG make the engine do something new?

Also, woohoo! More Mass Effect! :D

Reactions: The Chaos Pope

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Read the post, it is not pre-rendered.
All in engine.

It's Frostbite ffs.
Read up about it.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Read the post, it is not pre-rendered.
All in engine.

It's Frostbite ffs.
Read up about it.
Watch dogs initial video was also "in engine graphics". Issue is game release. I don't doubt the game will be great, but the consoles will take it down a few notches.

Reactions: The Chaos Pope

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Holy shit !!!!
Finally. :D

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE.

I was so seriously excited when they finally announced it. But I hear its going to be abit more like DA:I which does not please me at all. I liked the way ME was, already, just expand on it.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Well, lets see what they do.

I am sure it will be amazing.

Forgot your password?