Masters of the Air

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Looks like an interesting show. Unfortunately I've never been able to like Apple products since I was a kid having to use them to do papers for school.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
It's a terrific show and a worthy spiritual successor to 'Band of Brothers' and 'The Pacific'. I have two more episodes left to watch.

Sobering fact about the real life unit (100th Bombardment Group) portrayed in the show. The 100th had some of the highest casualties in ALL branches of the US armed forces during WW2. The casualty rate (KIA/WIA/POW) was 77%! The parent Eighth Air Force in turn suffered more fatalities than the US Marine Corps did in the entirety of the war. I'm glad the show didn't shy away from this grim fact.

The 100th is nicknamed the Bloody Hundredth for a reason.

Last edited:

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
No argument from me. Band of Brothers is still the best. Masters of the Air is still a must watch, kind of surprised HBO let this one slip by.
Supposedly The Pacific was an unprofitable production for HBO. It cost a lot of money to make and didn't bring in the same viewers as Band of Brothers. Of course this was before streaming metrics so who knows what it would do if released today. Either way, I'm glad Apple picked up the slack.

Overall Apple TV has been killing it. Ted Lasso, For All Mankind, Foundation, etc. Lotta hits on that service.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?