Max UEC?

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
CIG reps have confirmed to me (in Spectrum chat, so no linkable reference) that there is no longer a limit on how much UEC you can obtain.

There is however still the daily limit of how much you can buy, which is maybe 20k UEC per day? Something like that.

But absolutely positively no maximum limit. You can buy the daily limit every day until the end of time if you want. (Or until they rethink this and change their minds again).

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
CIG reps have confirmed to me (in Spectrum chat, so no linkable reference) that there is no longer a limit on how much UEC you can obtain.

There is however still the daily limit of how much you can buy, which is maybe 20k UEC per day? Something like that.

But absolutely positively no maximum limit. You can buy the daily limit every day until the end of time if you want. (Or until they rethink this and change their minds again).
This is what I heard as well.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I'm not at cap.. I'm stuck.. they won't refund it back to RSI credit. So stuck with nearly $1K in fing UEC.. not happy about my dumbass buying those packs with spare RSI credit when I was bored. I don't wanna buy ships without LTI... unless they are promos like intel/AMD.

Edit:
Forgot I had a wikia account.. I'll go edit it.

Edit 2:
Added the correction to the wikia page.

Last edited:

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
I'm not at cap.. I'm stuck.. they won't refund it back to RSI credit. So stuck with nearly $1K in fing UEC.. not happy about my dumbass buying those packs with spare RSI credit when I was bored. I don't wanna buy ships without LTI... unless they are promos like intel/AMD.

Edit:

Edit 2:
I'll take that credit! I'm working on a Hammerhead next.

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
The daily limit is 25,000 UEC, but that feels more like 25 hours to me. Discolando said that the cap had been removed because when people sold back their items, a lot of people blew through the 170,001 UEC cap so CIG did away with it for everyone. Now, feel free to fund The Star Citizen Project by buying as much UEC as you like.

I have to wonder what the average monthly operating costs of an 890Jump are and if a person could simply buy a little UEC every week so that when the game launches, you could start as Thurston Howell III and just cruise the verse in your superyacht?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Just when I start to believe that you are as awesome as a person can be, you prove me wrong & deserve another beer. Cheers my friend!

I have to wonder what the average monthly operating costs of an 890Jump are and if a person could simply buy a little UEC every week so that when the game launches, you could start as Thurston Howell III and just cruise the verse in your superyacht?
I've often thought along these same lines myself. Also, I'm sure that anybody that owns ships like the Polaris, Idris Or Jav have at some point tried to estimate how much UEC they'll need to obtain in order to get their favorite ships ready to dominate the skies ASAP. I'll openly admit that I've thought those things about my BMM & Hammerhead many times & they comes with stock weapons.

how much does uec cost anyway? i think i'd like to start off with a bit more of a cushion then I have
Star Citizen UEC Purchase Options 07-28-2018.JPG

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
There is no max UEC limit or cap and I can explain this with a mathematical proof. Speaking of proof, there's no limit to the amount of booze someone will buy. Especially a Testie. You buy booze with money, UEC in this instance. Booze can be equated to money, especially since the definition of money is something with value, and we all know booze has value. Therefore since UEC equals booze, and there's no limit to the booze one would acquire, then there's no limit to the UEC you can gain.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264

Edit:

Edit 2:
send some of that uec my way haha

Stoutman

Space Marshal
May 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Stoutman
"you could start as Thurston Howell III and just cruise the verse in your superyacht"

Umm, why would anyone want to crash on some barren moon and spend the rest of the game stranded?

Dylan Phoenix

Vice Admiral
Aug 18, 2017
RSI Handle
Dylan_Garrett
Well...if there is a still a "ceiling" for UEC, it's either past 1 million, or it no longer applies and / or can be worked around for those of us who bought UEC, used it to stock up on weaponry and gear, then replaced it. Rinse and repeat and voila - UEC for dayz. lol

This will come in real handy considering that my standard use load-out for my Avengers in-game cost about 135k aUEC atm. RIP lol

Attachments

Forgot your password?