Melting a GAME PACKAGE for another GAME PACKAGE. Possible?

Joehockey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Apr 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Joehockey
So, I've never been much of a fan of my Mustang starter. And now that I can get the Pisces as a starter, is there way to melt the Mustang Game Package to buy the Pisces Game Package? Plus I'm still new to melting/upgrading/ccuing as I've never been much of a fleet scrambler so if it's there is an obvious way to do it I don't know!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
So, I've never been much of a fan of my Mustang starter. And now that I can get the Pisces as a starter, is there way to melt the Mustang Game Package to buy the Pisces Game Package? Plus I'm still new to melting/upgrading/ccuing as I've never been much of a fleet scrambler so if it's there is an obvious way to do it I don't know!
Yes. You can melt your mustang package and use the credits to buy whatever game package you want, so long as the package you want to buy is NOT WARBOND. If it says warbond, it must be bought with cash.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
A weird alternative might be to buy a Pisces starter outright, and then melt the Mustang package and use the credits for something else/upgrade.

Of course, you could always just upgrade your Mustang. What kind of insurance do you have with your Mustang? The nice thing about the Pisces is that it has LTI.

Joehockey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Apr 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Joehockey
A weird alternative might be to buy a Pisces starter outright, and then melt the Mustang package and use the credits for something else/upgrade.

Of course, you could always just upgrade your Mustang. What kind of insurance do you have with your Mustang? The nice thing about the Pisces is that it has LTI.
Yeah that's the kicker. My original Mustang starter is only 3 month vs the PIsces LTI

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Yeah that's the kicker. My original Mustang starter is only 3 month vs the PIsces LTI
Not sure what ship you ultimately want...the Pisces is really nice, the only thing it lacks is a bed (at least right now). They mentioned in a stream to possibility of different configurations, but nothing is official. Right now it is my favorite ship to do box delivery missions.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
There is only one way to get the LTI starter pack... new money.
Is it worth investing another $55?

DO IT!
There is another way to get LTI game packs even with credits... 🙃

But you have to spend a $1000USD first to get access to those packs ;) 🤪

Part from that warbond with fresh cash is only way yeah 😉

🍻 CHEERS!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Please tell me that your Mustang Starter pack was NOT 1 of the Omegas. If it is & if you melt / CCU it, then eventually you will regret melting / modifying it as that is a limited edition that can't be restored.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
That's a second option! You could sell your mustang starter pack to a Testie on here and then with the cash from that sale buy your Pisces starter pack?

Joehockey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Apr 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Joehockey
Please tell me that your Mustang Starter pack was NOT 1 of the Omegas. If it is & if you melt / CCU it, then eventually you will regret melting / modifying it as that is a limited edition that can't be restored.
Nope, it just a basic ass alpha which is why I just wanted to turn it into something prettier but time will tell I guess. Like @BUTUZ said, I'll probably just end up buying another starter package, and selling/trading the Mustang Starter to a friend. Hell, I might just send it to one of recruit prospects as I'm only 1 or 2 away from a free Gladius.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Nope, it just a basic ass alpha which is why I just wanted to turn it into something prettier but time will tell I guess. Like @BUTUZ said, I'll probably just end up buying another starter package, and selling/trading the Mustang Starter to a friend. Hell, I might just send it to one of recruit prospects as I'm only 1 or 2 away from a free Gladius.
Good times, but if I'm not mistaken, the new recruit's account doesn't get considered towards your recruitment count until $50 has been attributed gained on that account itself. Which it doesn't add to it by gifting items to them. That only counts on the account of the 1 that initially purchased it. I learned this the hard way a while back.

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
going back to the original "problem" wouldn't just upgrading your Mustang to *any* ship during the IAE give you 10 year insurance?

Again, buying a Pisces starter pack and then upgrading that is going to give you LTI.
Not every ship, but there is a 'special upgrade' each day of the sale.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Good times, but if I'm not mistaken, the new recruit's account doesn't get considered towards your recruitment count until $50 has been attributed gained on that account itself. Which it doesn't add to it by gifting items to them. That only counts on the account of the 1 that initially purchased it. I learned this the hard way a while back.

You sure? You can get concierge by buying 1000$ of second hand market ships?

Joehockey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Apr 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Joehockey
going back to the original "problem" wouldn't just upgrading your Mustang to *any* ship during the IAE give you 10 year insurance?

Again, buying a Pisces starter pack and then upgrading that is going to give you LTI.
I thought upgrading a ship that was part of the game package caused issues with the game package? I could be way off on that, but I wasn't too keen on trying only to find out the game package was screwed because of a misstep on my part. If that's a thing then hot damn that solves a lot of what I was trying to figure out!

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I thought upgrading a ship that was part of the game package caused issues with the game package? I could be way off on that, but I wasn't too keen on trying only to find out the game package was screwed because of a misstep on my part. If that's a thing then hot damn that solves a lot of what I was trying to figure out!
You should be able to upgrade the ship, no problem. i've upgraded plenty of ships in my game packages...the only problem with a package I'm aware of is if you decide to melt a package with physical items, which were pretty much only sold the first year (2012-2013). Any digital package, you should be good to go .... somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Forgot your password?