Melting a GAME PACKAGE for another GAME PACKAGE. Possible?

Joehockey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Apr 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Joehockey
You should be able to upgrade the ship, no problem. i've upgraded plenty of ships in my game packages...the only problem with a package I'm aware of is if you decide to melt a package with physical items, which were pretty much only sold the first year (2012-2013). Any digital package, you should be good to go .... somebody correct me if I am wrong.
Right on! I clearly just misunderstood what I could do with my starter! Thanks!

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Thing to know tho if you melt a pack that have been upgraded with other ship/s.
What end up in buyback is original pack the upgrade is gone but you get all cash back in credits so you can start over.

This is a way to gradually expand the fleet.. example you upgrade one starter pack so much it now in credit carry value of a much larger pack.
then melt an buy the larger pack and start over upgrading, this way you can grow the fleet without busting your wallet in one go.
Preferably this changes are made during a sale.. but can be done any time one feel it's time to change.

CHEERS! :beeer:

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
So, I've never been much of a fan of my Mustang starter. And now that I can get the Pisces as a starter, is there way to melt the Mustang Game Package to buy the Pisces Game Package? Plus I'm still new to melting/upgrading/ccuing as I've never been much of a fleet scrambler so if it's there is an obvious way to do it I don't know!
Works fine.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
You sure? You can get concierge by buying 1000$ of second hand market ships?
Must be purchased directly to the store.

Which you mention later in the thread..

But typing is easier than deleting. Haha
I thought upgrading a ship that was part of the game package caused issues with the game package? I could be way off on that, but I wasn't too keen on trying only to find out the game package was screwed because of a misstep on my part. If that's a thing then hot damn that solves a lot of what I was trying to figure out!
You can upgrade any ship in a package without issue. All my game packages are upgraded.
Right on! I clearly just misunderstood what I could do with my starter! Thanks!
Upgrade all the ships!!

Joehockey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Apr 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Joehockey
Hello everyone! My name is Joe and I have an addiction. I've been buying, melting, and upgrading ships without control for 4 days now. I have made no progress in my recovery. Last night I melted a couple of smaller ships that I didn't feel like working with (Mustang Beta and 315p) then upgraded my Starter Mustang Alpha to a Terrapin to replace my other two small exploration ships. I want to say that this move is problem solved and my fleet is perfect now. But, I know that I'll be back shopping tomorrow. Please help me!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Hello everyone! My name is Joe and I have an addiction. I've been buying, melting, and upgrading ships without control for 4 days now. I have made no progress in my recovery. Last night I melted a couple of smaller ships that I didn't feel like working with (Mustang Beta and 315p) then upgraded my Starter Mustang Alpha to a Terrapin to replace my other two small exploration ships. I want to say that this move is problem solved and my fleet is perfect now. But, I know that I'll be back shopping tomorrow. Please help me!
Welcome to my life my friend, haha. Indecision sucks.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I'm not sure whether this has been answered, can the Pisces CCU be bought with credit?

I have a Mustang Alpha package I CCUed to an Aurora CL, wondering whether I should melt that package, rebuy the original starter pledge, then CCU to the Pisces with the remaining credit? (0CCUs are not supported for the Pisces.)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm not sure whether this has been answered, can the Pisces CCU be bought with credit?

I have a Mustang Alpha package I CCUed to an Aurora CL, wondering whether I should melt that package, rebuy the original starter pledge, then CCU to the Pisces with the remaining credit? (0CCUs are not supported for the Pisces.)
Naw, the Pisces game packages are not buyable with credit. Unfortunately.

Edit: oh, wait, you can upgrade to the Pisces with credit. My bad

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
@Deroth, at the time I was looking it was only warbond if you wanted the 10yr insurance. Not a big deal as I just melt a couple of small things (Beta, 315P,) and CCU'd my starter Alpha to a Terrapin to fill the small size Exploration hole in my fleet.
I'm more interested in trading than exploring, but one of the Pisces looks to stack up will against the Aurora CL...but it seems kind of sacrilegious to no longer have an Aurora in my fleet.

Forgot your password?