Melting?

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
f I purchased the "Avenger Titan Invictus SC & Squadron 42 Combo" package, can I melt the Avenger Titan itself and still retain my SC and Squadron 42 purchase? I'm going to guess the answer is no.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
Yup, no unfortunately.

But if you are not happy with the Titan, and want to keep SC and SC42, you can upgrade the titan. Probably not your plan though.
What's the difference between melting and upgrading? I'm a real newb to all this - I told myself I wouldn't purchase any ships but now have given myself a 1K limit. No backbone here :)

• o7

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
What's the difference between melting and upgrading? I'm a real newb to all this - I told myself I wouldn't purchase any ships but now have given myself a 1K limit. No backbone here :)
Melting a ship / package, means that it's not actively in your hangar, but is usually in your buyback section as the original ship that it was when purchased. CCU upgrades, apply the ship or vehicle that you want in the original ships place at the cost of the price difference of the ship upgrading from. If you melt an upgraded ship, only the original ship will be in the buyback area, but the credit value of the ship will be in your store credits. IAE events usually offer their vehicles with 120 month (10 year) base ship insurance for when that system goes live. New concept ships like the new Gatac starter ship that is currently available, come with Lifetime Insurance (LTI). When you upgrade a vehicle to another, if the upgrade comes with insurance, your vehicle will retain the larger amount.

Fair warning, not all vehicles can be melted & purchased back in the future, there are a few limited edition rare ships that are part of special packages that can't be bought back. Given that your ship is an Avenger Titan, you don't have to worry about that.

What sort of game play, ship or vehicle are you interested in most? This question can help you decide what ship might be right for you.

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
Melting a ship / package, means that it's not actively in your hangar, but is usually in your buyback section as the original ship that it was when purchased. CCU upgrades, apply the ship or vehicle that you want in the original ships place at the cost of the price difference of the ship upgrading from. If you melt an upgraded ship, only the original ship will be in the buyback area, but the credit value of the ship will be in your store credits. IAE events usually offer their vehicles with 120 month (10 year) base ship insurance for when that system goes live. New concept ships like the new Gatac starter ship that is currently available, come with Lifetime Insurance (LTI). When you upgrade a vehicle to another, if the upgrade comes with insurance, your vehicle will retain the larger amount.

Fair warning, not all vehicles can be melted & purchased back in the future, there are a few limited edition rare ships that are part of special packages that can't be bought back. Given that your ship is an Avenger Titan, you don't have to worry about that.

What sort of game play, ship or vehicle are you interested in most? This question can help you decide what ship might be right for you.
That's helpful!

Right now I have all of the Spirit Series and the Zues series. So, I have 1 small and 2 medium cargo ships. I thought I'd maybe like to upgrade the Avenger Titan for the Scorpius. From what I understand, if I do that I'll just have to pay a bit more new money to get the Scorpius while retaining my original LTI and access passes for SC and Squadron 42. Is that accurate?

• o7

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
That's helpful!

Right now I have all of the Spirit Series and the Zues series. So, I have 1 small and 2 medium cargo ships. I thought I'd maybe like to upgrade the Avenger Titan for the Scorpius. From what I understand, if I do that I'll just have to pay a bit more new money to get the Scorpius while retaining my original LTI and access passes for SC and Squadron 42. Is that accurate?
Ok, so the IAE Titan should come with 120 month (10 year) insurance, which would carry over to the Scorpius. LTI only comes with vehicles purchased during their original sales if purchased with new money. The only exception is if the vehicle costs $1k+ typically. The Scorpius is a great ship, just remember that until the server blade feature is working in game, you'll need another player to operate the remote turret to operate the ship to its maximum potential. Not trying to talk you out of what you're interested in, just giving you a heads up in advance so that you don't regret the upgrade later if possible.

IF you're absolutely sure that you want to focus on cargo hauling, the current king of cargo hauling in game is the MISC Hull-C with its external cargo carrying or behind that is the Crusader C2 Hercules, which can carry the most amount of cargo internally as well as ground vehicles. While I understand that neither of these are cheap, I mention them because many of us in TEST enjoy finding ways to upgrade to vehicles through the CCU system for as little as possible, even if it takes longer to achieve or involves more complicated means. Which we often post threads here of sales to look for as stepping stones along an upgrade path.

Reactions: NomadicHavoc
Forgot your password?