Members ship number database

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
I'm not aware of a thread regarding this but I would certainly find it useful. How would we make available an entire RSI ship list with numbers of members that own each one? Dont need names, just numbers for each ship type. The reason I ask this is that I feel it would be a good indicator at a glance where all the ships are at and if there are shortages of certain types. Reality is I wont be in all of my every expanding fleet 24/7 which gives an opportunity for unused ships to be made available for others that may better suite their needs and goals. Especially for small and large group TESTie efforts. Would also help identify shortages in the group ship numbers where potentially more numbers may be required, likely in the higher price range but what ones? I think I'll be making some bigger investments in large ships when they are available but no point getting the same as a whole pile of other people already have.

Might be a job for the moderators maybe, Id have thought the easiest way as long as everyones profile is up to date would be to just pull a spreadsheet of all members listed owned ships in their accounts and add them all up! Sounds easy enough to me! :D

MONTOYA........................:rolleyes:

Anyone else think this is a worthwhile idea?

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I think it would have to be a google spreadsheet which all the members can type into - we all change around ships so often we'd have to update the spreadsheet ourselves.

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Bump........any news on this Mr Moderator? Have ships to buy and information I must have! :p

Is it something easy to pull from the forum data or abit more too it?

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
That's an interesting idea, and I would enjoy seeing a ship count too. I am not sure that buying ships on the basis of it would be prudent though, for a couple of reasons:

A total ship count might not be representitive of the ships available amongst the active members (by that I mean that out of the 9000 members you may see 500 hardcore players who tend to be around during your play time, and the ships owned by this class of player may (I suspect that's more likely to be 'will') vary wildly from the overall average).

When we have persistence then demand for services/ship-types will cause any gaps to be dynamically filled at the time. This will be an organic process as people respond to shortfalls, and profit from supplying any needed services.

For now simply buying ships based on what appeals to you might be the best bet.

Having said that, kudos to you for looking to shore up any weak spots in the ranks (or for seeking to maximise your personal profit and subsequent game-wide economic domination of the universe :) ).

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
That's an interesting idea, and I would enjoy seeing a ship count too. I am not sure that buying ships on the basis of it would be prudent though, for a couple of reasons:

A total ship count might not be representitive of the ships available amongst the active members (by that I mean that out of the 9000 members you may see 500 hardcore players who tend to be around during your play time, and the ships owned by this class of player may (I suspect that's more likely to be 'will') vary wildly from the overall average).

When we have persistence then demand for services/ship-types will cause any gaps to be dynamically filled at the time. This will be an organic process as people respond to shortfalls, and profit from supplying any needed services.

For now simply buying ships based on what appeals to you might be the best bet.

Having said that, kudos to you for looking to shore up any weak spots in the ranks (or for seeking to maximise your personal profit and subsequent game-wide economic domination of the universe :) ).
You have a point, I doubt it will dramatically change any of my buying efforts ceratinly not in the small ships as they would be a dime a dozen between members. Ceratinly the big ones, some figures would be good to see whats going on there. If say, its a toss up between 2 ships that I wanted to buy and the org had 50 of one and 2 of the other......I'd probably go with the other. But that efforts ofcourse requires some information.........

MODERATORS......MMMOOODDDEEERRRAAATTTOOORRRRSSSS........assistance please! :rolleyes:

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam

...plus those 9k members are only partially active or even registrated in this board here, which is why a spreadsheet export of boarddata would only give an idea about the amount and type of ships within TEST. Besides that, idea of @Mog_No_1 seems to be a good one - and only for becoming the idea which and how many ships are within TEST, such spreadsheet export would be very interesting imho.

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
...plus those 9k members are only partially active or even registrated in this board here, which is why a spreadsheet export of boarddata would only give an idea about the amount and type of ships within TEST. Besides that, idea of @Mog_No_1 seems to be a good one - and only for becoming the idea which and how many ships are within TEST, such spreadsheet export would be very interesting imho.
Was there ever any doubt I have good ideas? :rolleyes:

Seems this thread is going the way of SOTS, growing old waiting for these things.....o_O

Frisbeerocker

Commissar
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Frisbeerocker87
In Seung's defense, I totally forgot about this thread the other day since it was basically the first thing I saw out of bed.

So we have some really old poll results from like 2ish years ago. And we haven't pulled the forum data into a spreadsheet. But even that won't be very accurate as most people haven't filled it out or keep it updated. And plenty aren't even on the forums.

If you are curious because you want to buy ships that will be useful to TEST, don't worry. TEST has so many ships. The best ships. Between what members have and what we've bought for the org hanger, we are covered.

Buy what you want to buy, don't worry about TEST.

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
In Seung's defense, I totally forgot about this thread the other day since it was basically the first thing I saw out of bed.

So we have some really old poll results from like 2ish years ago. And we haven't pulled the forum data into a spreadsheet. But even that won't be very accurate as most people haven't filled it out or keep it updated. And plenty aren't even on the forums.

If you are curious because you want to buy ships that will be useful to TEST, don't worry. TEST has so many ships. The best ships. Between what members have and what we've bought for the org hanger, we are covered.

I know TEST wont be short on anything but regardless, it still would be interesting information to see. As you said though, the issue is it wouldnt be accurate, hell even mine is way out of date, should really fix that.......one day! :rolleyes:

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam

Why a poll? Every profile has this "personal hangar" section which is required to be filled. Can't there be done an export of this than cumulated data?

Forgot your password?