Mercury Star Runner looking good.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
My suggestion is to wait until the Anniversary sale, then CCU your Herald to a Terrapin, then that to the Mercury StarRunner. Since the H & MSR can provide the same data work, but the H can't run any cargo or any of the extra things the MSR can. Which then spares your space turtle. While I liked my space tortoise in my Exploration pack, I upgraded it to a Polaris. I might CCU something else up to a new turtle later.
I third that one...
Compared to the Herald the MSR is defenetly beter: more data space (if I remember correctly), standard cargo space, the ability to carry small vehicles, defenetly a multy crew ship, chess board to challand you Wookie friends....
And let's be honest, even after the few kilos it get the MSR is still a freaking sexy ship....

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Not to say the Herald doesn't have its place as its a very fast small ship. Its just seems very limited to two very specific roles while racing is a lot of fun and can be highly profitable the other of data running is still very much an unknown nor what the Heralds advantages over the Mercury would be.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The Herald will be much more efficient. If you're actually earning a living as an info-runner, and playing solo or with one partner, the Herald makes good sense. Also it makes sense that it is in game and you can fly it, while RS, not so much.

Note the difference in speed though. There are fighters that can catch the SR. Not so the Herald.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
CIG has recognized that the MSR is Top Tier Gib:

It’s no secret that the Mercury Star Runner has GIB Carrack levels of anticipation, and we really want to be sure the ship meets our (and your!) expectations. Don’t worry, the Star Runner is not being pushed back to 3.12, however, we want to let you know that we’re targeting a point patch release for the ship (3.11.X).

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
CIG has recognized that the MSR is Top Tier Gib:

It’s no secret that the Mercury Star Runner has GIB Carrack levels of anticipation, and we really want to be sure the ship meets our (and your!) expectations. Don’t worry, the Star Runner is not being pushed back to 3.12, however, we want to let you know that we’re targeting a point patch release for the ship (3.11.X).

I can respect this as I am still for the most part very happy with the Carrack and it was worth the wait (still think the main elevator needs to extend to the ground).

Forgot your password?