Merry Christmas!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Your wolf is adorable.

Also, no wonder it takes you so long to shovel the driveway, it's like 50 yards long! Reminds me of Flagstaff, AZ, where I used to live.

That's just 170 miles north of me now. It's normally 30*F colder up there because it's at 7,000 ft. Every time there was a blizzard, I'd get in my truck and go grab a pizza. I miss the snow. I miss living near a forest. But I am loving the 300 mbps internet down here, ha. Fastest up there was 40.
Haha, thanks. I do rather love my little family. :) My reason for existing.

Yeah, the bloody driveway, haha. The damn thing fits a tractor trailer without issue. Thank God the neighbour has a snowblower that he lets me use. I'll get around to buying one soon enough.

I don't blame you your missing both the snow and forest. They're two of my favorite things. We're all going tobogganing tomorrow as a family. And maybe skating. Playing in the snow, yay.

Dunno if I'd give up this lifestyle for faster internet, haha

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Haha, thanks. I do rather love my little family. :slight_smile: My reason for existing.

Yeah, the bloody driveway, haha. The damn thing fits a tractor trailer without issue. Thank God the neighbour has a snowblower that he lets me use. I'll get around to buying one soon enough.

I don't blame you your missing both the snow and forest. They're two of my favorite things. We're all going tobogganing tomorrow as a family. And maybe skating. Playing in the snow, yay.

Dunno if I'd give up this lifestyle for faster internet, haha
I gave it up to move to Brooklyn NY but then quit my job there 3 months in. I moved back to AZ and after searching for 6 months found a part time job. After 1.5 years, turned that part time job into a full time job and got a raise. Then I bought a place close to work that I can easily rent out if I ever changed my mind. It's just so hard to find an IT job in Flagstaff. There's only 3 real places that hire there but I get free education from my job so it may not be worth moving just yet. Plus the houses are $100k more up there. It's hard to find a house in town that isn't inflated because everyone wants to live there.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I gave it up to move to Brooklyn NY but then quit my job there 3 months in. I moved back to AZ and after searching for 6 months found a part time job. After 1.5 years, turned that part time job into a full time job and got a raise. Then I bought a place close to work that I can easily rent out if I ever changed my mind. It's just so hard to find an IT job in Flagstaff. There's only 3 real places that hire there but I get free education from my job so it may not be worth moving just yet. Plus the houses are $100k more up there. It's hard to find a house in town that isn't inflated because everyone wants to live there.
Typical mountain resort town eh? Beautiful and expensive. Ahh well, it sounds like you've got it rather good where you're at.

Reactions: Stevetank

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Typical mountain resort town eh? Beautiful and expensive. Ahh well, it sounds like you've got it rather good where you're at.
It's Arizona's only mountain resort town for snow, ha. Which makes everything expensive. There's always the Grand Canyon, but that's not the same.

Reactions: Blind Owl

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Happy Boxing Day!

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
the city is nothing to write home about but there's abundant natural beauty and recreation in every direction

and there's a university and all that action - a lot of students want to stay on after graduating

so housing and good jobs are both scarce

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
the city is nothing to write home about but there's abundant natural beauty and recreation in every direction

and there's a university and all that action - a lot of students want to stay on after graduating

so housing and good jobs are both scarce
Sounds amazing. Which is why people wanna stay I reckon, haha. I love mountain towns.

As for being a city to write home about, meh, cities are overrated.

Forgot your password?