Metal TEST Squadron Logos

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Ho Doc my mum had that type of thing (way before covid mind) she said it was awful she couldn't drive sometimes couldn't get out the seat it took a year to settle down and she's still not right now cant twist her head to suddenly or she goes wibble.

Horrible feel sorry for you mate its nasty.

Doc Flanigan

Admiral
Donor
Mar 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Doc_Flanigan
Ho Doc my mum had that type of thing (way before covid mind) she said it was awful she couldn't drive sometimes couldn't get out the seat it took a year to settle down and she's still not right now cant twist her head to suddenly or she goes wibble.

Horrible feel sorry for you mate its nasty.
Thanks man. That's very close to what I experience daily. I'm not sure if it's related to Covid, but it came on shortly after I had it. After months and months of tests and doctor vistis, I was finally diagnosed with a 'vestibular weakness' on my right side, but they don't know what caused it. They said since it's in the inner most part of the ear the only way to know for certain is through an autopsy. They seem to think that physical therapy will make it better, and I sure hope that it does!

Hope your mom gets better!

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
Hey all - Sorry for more radio silence. I'm still here, but have had some weird vertigo and balance issues after having Covid in June. It's been very difficult to get around day to day, and Ive had little to no energy to do any type of metal work or extra projects after work. I've recently started physical therapy and have seen some good results. Hopefully I'll be back to doing metal work, and more custom TEST logos soon. I'll keep you all updated. Sorry for the continued delay.
Listen buddy, those signs aren't going to make themselves. All I hear are excuses. 😁

MAN THE FORGE!

Doc Flanigan

Admiral
Donor
Mar 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Doc_Flanigan
This deserves a re-post. Really impressive stuff! I hope that Doc Flanigan is doing better?
Thanks for the kind words. I am doing a lot better and managing the vertigo well for now.

Due to a lack of overall interest, and lack of affordable local powder coating options... batch #2 never really got off the ground. I'm happy to produce the bare metal pieces if anyone would like a 'DIY' option to paint themselves.

Since making the metal logos, I've also produced acrylic coasters and pins that can be seen here.

Last edited:

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
Thanks for the kind words. I am doing a lot better and managing the vertigo well for now.

Due to a lack of overall interest, batch #2 never really got off the ground. I'm still happy to produce the pieces if there is enough interest, however. I also produce coaster and pins that can be seen here.
Glad to hear that the vertigo is under control. That can be a very disabling experience.

I for one would be very interested in a small metal Test Squadron symbol if you have enough interest in creating a 2nd batch! Would be cool to put it on the side of my pc tower (once I get one built). Either way, very impressed with your skillset. I'm still trying to master crayon drawings of my family. :)

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Nice work doc and glad to hear the vertigo is under control.

Man I really need to start making some cool TEST stuff again I've been lazy as hell with the laser and 3d printers the last year!!

Reactions: Bambooza

Doc Flanigan

Admiral
Donor
Mar 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Doc_Flanigan
Glad to hear that the vertigo is under control. That can be a very disabling experience.

I for one would be very interested in a small metal Test Squadron symbol if you have enough interest in creating a 2nd batch! Would be cool to put it on the side of my pc tower (once I get one built). Either way, very impressed with your skillset. I'm still trying to master crayon drawings of my family. :)
If you're able to apply spray paint where you live, I can cut the metal pieces and ship them to you. I have the paint codes at home and was able to buy the paint at my local hardware store. If you're interested, let me know.

Doc Flanigan

Admiral
Donor
Mar 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Doc_Flanigan
Nice work doc and glad to hear the vertigo is under control.

Man I really need to start making some cool TEST stuff again I've been lazy as hell with the laser and 3d printers the last year!!
Yes! You do! I'd love to see what you come up with. Now that I've done metal and acrylic, I'm gonna work with leather next.

Reactions: Bambooza and BUTUZ

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
If you're able to apply spray paint where you live, I can cut the metal pieces and ship them to you. I have the paint codes at home and was able to buy the paint at my local hardware store. If you're interested, let me know.
How do you recommend applying the paint? Spray or brush? If spray, I'm assuming that some local hardware stores might have the right colors in spray cans?

Reactions: Bambooza

Doc Flanigan

Admiral
Donor
Mar 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Doc_Flanigan
How do you recommend applying the paint? Spray or brush? If spray, I'm assuming that some local hardware stores might have the right colors in spray cans?
I'd definitely spray it from a can, if you're able to. -- I know some people live in an area, like an apartment or flat and don't have an area to spray paint. The one in my profile pic to the left was painted using rattle cans.

Forgot your password?