SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404

S.S.S. Week 8 | 22/2/2014 |

A universally fun game MINECRAFT!! So excited with playing you guys. As some of you may know I used to run a Minecraft server in the past before selling my share to my partner and quitting it for good.

What time?
The event starts | 14:00 EST | 19:00 GMT |
We will start of with some weekly notices as usual and then we can get straight to playing the game! If you come early feel free to grab a beer and chat with the rest of the org :)

Teamspeak? (Download Link)
Teamspeak is a voice communication program like Skype. It is free, so you can spend all your money on Auroras.
Server address: testoutfit.info (no password)
We require you to use Push-to-talk.

I’m new, what is SSS?
SSS are weekly events that we hold so that we are essentially "homeless gamers". Through these events we can get to know each other so that you will be fully indoctrinated by the time Star Citizen launches.

Last edited:

SeungRyul

Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
On the note of server type. It is going to be Spigot a derivation of Bukkit. No Tekkit for now since I have no idea how to manage this type (I will learn and see if we really really need it although it seems to be way to OP for multiplayer).

Any good minecraft builders here? I see that we need a cool new spawn :)

Here are some pics of my old server:

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
I haven't played minecraft in such a long time. Are we running any mods or anything?

Is there anything required on my end besides just redownloading minecraft?

Windsor

Lieutenant
Feb 16, 2014
RSI Handle
thomaswindsor
So is building a beer cooler in bad form? Or should I plan on smashin things with my face? I honestly have no idea how to play minecraft although I can't imagine it's hard.

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777

the_angry_angel

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
the_angry_angel
Awful builder here, but if my PC parts turn up before the weekend count me in. My gaming PC died a few weeks ago and the rest of the parts should come tomorrow. Sadly the laptop isnt capable of gaming so I've been a little afk the last few weeks :s

Great i'll be there. Have you heard of UHC?
At risk of over using a quote; ya ever heard of minecraft? Would be interesting to play in a proper UHC, although might be a little long running for some people though... Unless you're proposing a non-mindcrack variant that shrinks the map or something?

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
I will plant giant jungle trees and breed so many cows in small enclosures they will be unable to move!

Actually one of my coolest experiences was when people worked on projects far apart and we linked all of them through portals and tunnels through the Nether. I built an exit portal and ended up in a submerged mineshaft under an enormous ocean. It was the only z value that could accommodate a dry exit portal.

You find someone elses beautiful castle, and then you bring over Creepers who explode and destroy large parts of it.
Creeper kiting is a useful skill... :D

D-Rook

Vice Admiral
Nov 5, 2013
RSI Handle
D-Rook
I forget since it's been a while, for bukkit, do we have to install the mod client side?

SeungRyul

Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Is there anything required on my end besides just redownloading minecraft?[/quote]
I forget since it's been a while, for bukkit, do we have to install the mod client side?
Nope!

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
oh nice :D i love minecraft.

for anyone who has no minecraft account:

- ask your friend, there is always someone with a minecraft account
- buy a used account on ebay (2 - 3 $)