Mining - Fractured Asteroids Disappear

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
Hi All, 🍻

I'm fairly new to mining, just rented the Prospector yesterday, and tried mining in on planets.
Today I've tried mining in space, and when I found a few good spots, asteroids disappeared as soon as I fractured them.

It seems like a known bug, according to issue council, however I can see that fellow TESties have been mining things like Quantanium and posting screenshots in this thread.
Is there a way to overcome the bug?

It doesn't feel great, when you spend quite a bit of time trying to find something like the below (all asteroids have decent amount and concentration of quantanium) and not be able to mine anything, since as soon as you fracture them, they disappear. 😱

ScreenShot7201.jpg

ScreenShot7203.jpg

ScreenShot7205.jpg

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
I have never had that actually. You sure you are fracturing them and not just blowing them up? (1st screenshot looks like a bug, either it actually despawned or you blew it up and it is showing the indicators as a bug, last screenshot looks like you blew up the rock hehe)
No, not blowing them up. Monitoring the energy transfer and making sure it's not going into the red zone. Did this on planets, works fine. The animation is like the fragments just disappear. I've done this several times to confirm it's not a one-off.

On the first screenshot there are 9 asteroids close together, - these are not fragments.

Reactions: mindfart

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
Any Asteroids not in the Yela belt will disappear after fracture. Its a bug.

The pics you saw from the thread were all from the Yela Belt.
I have had fractured rocks disappear in the Yela belt.. so excluding asteroids in the Yela belt from the bug is.. um... premature...

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I have had fractured rocks disappear in the Yela belt.. so excluding asteroids in the Yela belt from the bug is.. um... premature...
I did 2 weeks in the belt recently and never had one disappear. Maybe there is a certain mineral that I never mined that makes it happen. Don't know.

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
Ok, TESTed just now, - fractured some asteroids around mining claims near CRU and HUR marks - the fractured asteroids disappear. Then went to Yela belt, - fractured asteroids don't disappear, thanks Black Sunder. 🍻

ScreenShot7215.jpg

ScreenShot7217.jpg

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
PSA: CIG has a special section for all Bugs called Issue Council. So if you encounter any Issues make sure to search for it, report and upvote. Also by sorting "most contributed" or / "most reproduced" bugs you can check the most common issues and try to avoid them.

Here is your issue:

Forgot your password?