Mining question.

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
I was wondering those that do a lot of mining if you can tell me on average what is the UEC/hour rate (Solo Player)?
I've done combat missions and trade runs, but haven't touched mining. Was hoping I can make a comparison between the 3.
Thanks.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
It isnt that much different from trading.

The key difference is you dont lose UEC in a server crash, so you are not constantly 2 steps for ward 2 steps back all the time.

You see people putting up pictures of 200k mining runs in a prospector that "only took me a couple of hours".

I can do 200K in a couple of hours without trying in a Carrack, its just CIG steals it all with server crashes.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Well, mining is not like a combat or a BH mission, that has a fixed income, the income depend on several factor, one of them is luck.
When we are talking about mining this came down to:
- know WHAT to mine
- know WHERE to mine
- know WHEN to mine
- have luck too find something that is worth to mine.

Im not going into detail about thoose aspect, Black Sunder redact and update a complete guide on the subject at every patch, but for my experience, while in a Prospector, the everage income is abount 60k-80k, but with particular luck and the adeguate mining head (aka Helix) you could even double that.

The Mole is not supposed to be soloed, but you can do that and, due to the larger capaccity, you can end up with more cash.

FPS minig with an eviromental suite grant around 20k for a compleate backpack.

ROC minig I'm yet to be tested, but it looks like you can easily pull out 100k per run.

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
I only mine with the ROC but you can get 150k easily if you find alot of Hadanite, i did a 45% full run yesterday with a mix of Hadanite and Dolovine on Yela and got about 70k all together. Just make sure you buy the Temperature Armour first

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I was wondering those that do a lot of mining if you can tell me on average what is the UEC/hour rate (Solo Player)?
I've done combat missions and trade runs, but haven't touched mining. Was hoping I can make a comparison between the 3.
Thanks.
ROC mining is the most consistent atm with 100-200K easily per full vehicle. Prospector mining on the other hand is feast or famine. Sometimes you'll find a great rock to mine and other times you'll search for ages.

Last edited:

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
ROC mining is the most consistent atm with 100-200K easily per full vehicle.
Wow, this is very rewarding !!! Time to try the ROC i got from the Roc & Brawl warbond pack, never mined with it yet. Do you mine specific hand mine ore or you can mine any kind of ore with the ROC?

Reactions: Scape and Esctasy

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
A word of advice for the ROC minig: I've done it two times (today and yesterday) both time while approacing PO to sell the goods the ROC EXPLODE into the cargo bay of the ship.
I've no bumped anything or take any damage that coulld have couse the explosion.

If you are going to ROC mine it's advisable to retive the gems froom the ROC storage before moving to the selling location, you can either store them into your PI or boxing them.

ScreenShot0026.jpg

ScreenShot0001.jpg

Second word of advice: the ROC is an open vehicle so be sure to equip the proper enviromental suite if neded (before leaving the safety enviroment of the ship...)

Last edited:

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
A lot of good info. I think I have to get a ROC and try it out.
I did some mining way back with the prospector, a few times got attacked by players so it discouraged me from continuing.

Reactions: Deroth

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
A lot of good info. I think I have to get a ROC and try it out.
I did some mining way back with the prospector, a few times got attacked by players so it discouraged me from continuing.
Well, attacking by greefer are not so common now, with the prison system and BH (and the halloween event is now over), but in case better not to stay in the area around GrimEx.
Also if you end up in an area that is not under CommLink signal that is an hint that something bad could happen, also if the comm-link goes down suddently

Reactions: Deroth
Forgot your password?