MISC Expanse Sale Now On - $135

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Cheaper than I expected. (No I'm not buying one. :) )
There's a couple of TESTies where I'd actually be shocked if they considered this ship, it's a niche market.
By the way. Being pretty heavily invested in industry myself, I know there's going to be a few of your fellow TESTies looking for reliable bounty hunters now and then. I mean it's a reasonable way to deal with certain issues with the, shall we call it "risks associated with the regular course of doing business." Just make sure we know how to signal a special project manager is needed.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
There's a couple of TESTies where I'd actually be shocked if they considered this ship, it's a niche market.
By the way. Being pretty heavily invested in industry myself, I know there's going to be a few of your fellow TESTies looking for reliable bounty hunters now and then. I mean it's a reasonable way to deal with certain issues with the, shall we call it "risks associated with the regular course of doing business." Just make sure we know how to signal a special project manager is needed.
You could always stash a 10KT nuke between the refineries, for just such an occasion.

Failing that:
View: https://youtu.be/ST9OkLjTu9Q

Last edited:

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Honestly, I am not sure how they are going to run refining. Right now, mining requires skill to accomplish and IIRC, Chris Roberts said that he wanted skill to matter. Yet they also have this ship with a single player running 6 refining reactors, plus piloting.

Is the player going to have to manage the reactors, or will it be a passive process?
If they have to manage the process, how easy is it going to be to manage a single process so that a single person can manage all 6 reactors?
Are you going to have to do something after each batch to clean a reactor to accept the next batch?
Are reactors a single process type, or can you run different processes in the same reactor? (different batches of course)

Just seems there is a lot of gameplay that wasn't thought out well in advance. I am happy it's going to be in-game, I just wish they would talk mechanics with us prior to releasing the ship.

Reactions: vahadar and Vavrik

Dorian Grey

Space Marshal
Feb 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Renstler
I am really on the fence about this one. I Recently bought the Concierge's Entrepreneur pack just to have a all 1seater profession starter ships but this one will be extremely dependent on other players. Maybe on a schedule with the org? idk. it looks gorgeous tho.

Reactions: Vavrik and StdDev

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
I am really on the fence about this one. I Recently bought the Concierge's Entrepreneur pack just to have a all 1seater profession starter ships but this one will be extremely dependent on other players. Maybe on a schedule with the org? idk. it looks gorgeous tho.
According to the approved Roberts dream, the verse will be mostly AI driven.. I assume this includes mining. Why wouldn't refining jobs become missions that you accept through your Mobiglas or perhaps the splashscreens in game?

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
I think you are right. That's why I CCU'd into one. That and its an attractive 'middle man' industry to engage in as there will be plenty of materials sourcers (miners) and also lots of demand.

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik
Forgot your password?