MISC Reliant now on sale (May 22nd - 32nd)

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14730-MISC-Reliant-Now-Available

Greetings Citizens,

New for model year 2946, it’s the MISC Reliant! Following on the success of the Freelancer “Built for Life” campaign, MISC has begun development of a smaller, introductory-class spacecraft that can be operated by a single pilot. Although roughly designed to compete with the RSI Aurora and the Consolidated Outland Mustang, the Reliant is a very different animal. From the broad, sleek wings to the multiple flight modes and the second, fully-articulated crew seat, the Reliant is a small ship with a great deal of potential!

The MISC Reliant makes copious use of Xi’An technology, the most ever applied to a human ship design. From a moving cockpit that slots into place depending on the flight mode to omni-directional thrusters licensed under trade agreement with Aopoa, the Reliant is one of the most ‘high tech’ ships on the market today! Advanced Xi’An metal composites make up the armored wingspan, and every control surface has been meticulously updated from those developed for the Freelancer by MISC’s internal xenotech team.

A flying wing… or is it? The Reliant changes from horizontal to vertical flight modes at the touch of a button! With a larger cargo hold than the Aurora ES or the Mustang Alpha, the Reliant is a natural choice for anyone engaging in short-haul shipping. And that cargo space also means there’s plenty of internal room to expand, allowing the placement of medical systems, weapons racks and more. Ultimately, though, the Reliant is no transport: it’s a sleek and maneuverable utility ship more than capable of holding its own during combat!

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
Super excited to fly this. I wonder how they'll handle the transformation. It already feels like all the keys on the keyboard are being used for something not to mention the the buttons on a joystick or HOTAS setup.

Trick Shot Bob

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Trick_Shot_Bob
I was going to buy one to use to CCU later on, but I think I'll keep hold of one for the PU.

Reasonable Ordnance and Shield for a non mill spec ship, plus plenty of upgrade options.

She looks like a damn fine utility ship to me, plus I'm getting some B-Wing related happiness while looking at her.

that_frog_kurtis

Space Marshal
Dec 3, 2013
RSI Handle
Fuck me I'm too hungover for this shit. It looks cool, though I really do wish there was more of a focus for the starters. Starter hualer, miner, and fighter. Also, the A&P in me dies a little each time when I see skids. What about moving them around the maintenance hangar when they're broke? Welcome to the far future, where we have forgotten the ancient ways of the wheel.

Last edited:

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I told myself I won't buy another ship...

Then I saw the $50 price... (actually $62.50 at the current exchange rate) there it goes again ...

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Super excited to fly this. I wonder how they'll handle the transformation. It already feels like all the keys on the keyboard are being used for something not to mention the the buttons on a joystick or HOTAS setup.
They'll probably use the same command that they're gonna use to control the swing wings on the vanguard and Retaliator.

Kersakov

Rear Admiral
Donor
Apr 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Kersakov
I'll definately be getting on in the PU but I can't justify more SC money right now, even if it is only $50

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
I traded my DUR for 3 fof them, and will probably upgrade for one of the research ones when they are done, and I might get one of the combat ones too.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
So far it only looks like a gimmick, but it sure looks to best any starter ship in almost anything.

We will see.

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
Picking up a few for personal use and a few more for giveaways.

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno
wonder if there will be a variant/mod that will be similar to the Mustang Beta - chair, cupboards, kitchen, bed, etc...

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Picked up mine.... Was going to just turn it into a ccu fodder.... But yeah. I think this ship is sexy. Wish it was bigger with more space and weapons as a "main ship" like the Connie or freelancer.

Interested in the combat variant.

Forgot your password?