Celes

Captain
Mar 30, 2014
RSI Handle
Celes
Hi guys (and ladies? any ladies?),

just thought i'd drop by to leave some random info before signing up on RSI:

Where you from stranger?
Hamburg, Germany. Yes, zeh Germans are all into SC.

What drew you to Star Citizen?
Been playing online since the late 90s starting with UO. Always had a thing for space games and shooting stuff pew pew style. Used to play X-Wing vs Tie Fighter with my buddies over LAN in highschool, later it was X-Wing Alliance on the dreaded MSN gaming zone (back in the days of 56k dial up goodness).
Also had some good years in Jumpgate if anyone remembers this gem (probably the first Space-MMO with Newtonian-physics). A decade of mostly boring MMORPG's later my body is ready to get back into spacesims.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
I'm mostly a PVP guy, but what keeps me engaged in MMos is the social aspect. Hanging out at some space station in TS, just doing random stuff, you know.

What was the first game you remember playing?
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by Konami (1989). Don't hate:cool::

What other games do you play?
I still log into PS2 from time to time, but right now i'm mostly working on getting through my steam backlog (which will never succeed cause there's a new freakin sale every other week:eek: )

Picard or Kirk?
Captain Janeway represent!

j/k, Sisko was the man.

See you guys soon.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
Welcome fellow Kraut :D

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Great...Now we have to start serving pretzels in the breakfast buffet due to all zese Germans glaring at us for serving only French toast and American bagels D:

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
RSI will introduce the Pretzel-Carrier instead of the bagel. it is propelled by amplified soundwaves of oompa-music!

Reactions: Vastair

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
What drew you to Star Citizen?
Been playing online since the late 90s starting with UO. Always had a thing for space games and shooting stuff pew pew style. Used to play X-Wing vs Tie Fighter with my buddies over LAN in highschool, later it was X-Wing Alliance on the dreaded MSN gaming zone (back in the days of 56k dial up goodness).
Sad to admit, I haven't had a joystick since X-wing vs. TIE Fighter. I really enjoyed that game but was not very good at it back when I was a small lad. I missed out on X-Wing Alliance and I do regret that. I think I saw a mod where someone put in all the sound clips from RotJ into the Death Star level. It sort of saddens me that Space Sims have been pretty rare these days, so I'm definitely glad star citizen is going for immersive and complex rather than simple arcadey!

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
I'm mostly a PVP guy, but what keeps me engaged in MMos is the social aspect. Hanging out at some space station in TS, just doing random stuff, you know.[/quote]
I definitely feel you on that. What kept me in The Old Republic was my friends (real life and guildmates), and what kept me playing minecraft was the multiplayer server. When people I knew stopped playing though things just didn't have quite the same appeal. :(

What was the first game you remember playing?
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by Konami (1989). Don't hate:cool::

Why would we hate on that? That game was awesome, especially compared to the NES TMNT game and that damn underwater level. I spent so many quarters on that game in my childhood at arcades.

I hope you find a home among the many outstanding citizens and scoundrels (like myself) of TEST!

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Welcome to TEST!

Can we make this like the name of a fleet or wing?

Pretzel Fleet with The Official Pretzel Inspector as FC.

Sort've rolls off the tongue, eh?

Reactions: BluChew

Celes

Captain
Mar 30, 2014
RSI Handle
Celes
Sad to admit, I haven't had a joystick since X-wing vs. TIE Fighter. I really enjoyed that game but was not very good at it back when I was a small lad. I missed out on X-Wing Alliance and I do regret that. I think I saw a mod where someone put in all the sound clips from RotJ into the Death Star level. It sort of saddens me that Space Sims have been pretty rare these days, so I'm definitely glad star citizen is going for immersive and complex rather than simple arcadey!

I'm mostly a PVP guy, but what keeps me engaged in MMos is the social aspect. Hanging out at some space station in TS, just doing random stuff, you know.
I definitely feel you on that. What kept me in The Old Republic was my friends (real life and guildmates), and what kept me playing minecraft was the multiplayer server. When people I knew stopped playing though things just didn't have quite the same appeal. :(

Why would we hate on that? That game was awesome, especially compared to the NES TMNT game and that damn underwater level. I spent so many quarters on that game in my childhood at arcades.

I hope you find a home among the many outstanding citizens and scoundrels (like myself) of TEST![/quote]

Hai! Man you really missed out on X-Wing Alliance. It was laggy (thats why everyone hated MSN gaming zone), but still we had proper 1vs1 and 2vs2 contests with Ladders and all the good stuff.
Rebell guilds flaming Imperial guilds leading to proper clanwars for bragging rights. And that was back in 99. How time flies ;)

On a related note, i'm mildly surprised how fast the thread went south:D

Reactions: Walex

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
On a related note, i'm mildly surprised how fast the thread went south:D
You ain't seen nothing yet....

Our descent into madness was inevitable, the question was always: How soon?

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
Guten tag mutter ficker? Wie gehts in das Boot :) Welkam zu testsquadron. Ich hope das du will eine gutes stay haben will. Ach Ja. Genau.
Wir haben sehr viel deutsche wurstmenschen, so du will bist eine gutes add to das company.

Shive.

Trollmann

Admiral
Mar 12, 2014
RSI Handle
trollmann
Guten tag mutter ficker? Wie gehts in das Boot :) Welkam zu testsquadron. Ich hope das du will eine gutes stay haben will. Ach Ja. Genau.
Wir haben sehr viel deutsche wurstmenschen, so du will bist eine gutes add to das company.

Shive.
For somebody who claims to speak fluent german it's really really really bad.

Forgot your password?