More hate mongering and general lack of facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Guys I think, this video needs your attention.
It starts kinda normal, and then goes on to anti-SC rant, full of baseless and downright stupid filth.

Give the guy thumbs up or down.
I just think if you like drama from ED fanboy, you should participate in the comments there.

He kinda sweeps his previous negativity under the rug at the end, but still.
Too much wrong info.

Last edited:

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Freedom of speech and all that.

And some of us are more rattled than others.
Human nature, if you will. Diferent opinions matter etc.
I respect yours, leave me be with mine ok.

Just ignore such threads in the future.
Simple.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
Guys I think, this video needs your attention.
Why should we offer that asswipe views? Why should we help him in his attempt to shit talk and damage a project we are all hoping on completion. If I wanted to watch the ramblings of a brain dead idiot, I wouldn't log in to TEST forums. There's 4chan.

Freedom of speech and all that.
Every time I see someone claim freedom of speech in a private forum, I vomit in my mouth a little.

I respect yours, leave me be with mine ok.
No you don't respect his. You just dismissed his request to not be bombarded with that shit.

Just ignore such threads in the future.
I'd rather not have to "ignore" threads. I'd rather have meaningful content to read and engage in discussion about.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I'd rather not indulge in drama. I prefer speculation and anticipation for the game, not negativity and "hate mongering and general lack of facts". If they already believe so strongly that SC will be bad and dump on it any chance they get, it's unlikely that they'll change their mind. I could try and change their mind, but that's dangerously close to arguing on the internet.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Why should we offer that asswipe views? Why should we help him in his attempt to shit talk and damage a project we are all hoping on completion. If I wanted to watch the ramblings of a brain dead idiot, I wouldn't log in to TEST forums. There's 4chan.
Or Reddit for that matter.

Every time I see someone claim freedom of speech in a private forum, I vomit in my mouth a little.
I hope you dont choke.

No you don't respect his. You just dismissed his request to not be bombarded with that shit.

I'd rather not have to "ignore" threads. I'd rather have meaningful content to read and engage in discussion about.

Then engage in meaningfull (according to you) threads.

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
I'm going to have to agree with everyone else. Why even bother giving people the time of day. It's no different than any other annoying person in the room, ignore it and he'll get bored and go away. Give him the attention he's seeking and he'll just continue doing what he's doing for the attention. This is a great organization for a game that had potential to be truly amazing. Why sully that by adding fuel to the fire and even creating descent among the ranks, especially with in this organization.

Also......there's other threads in here already on this topic. Instead of creating a new thread of hate why not just add to one of the others. As it is, there seems to be a number of us that don't really care to see more of this stuff. It happens, get used to it. Haters always gonna hate.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
Then engage in meaningfull (according to you) threads.
As a moderator I don't have the "luxury" to engage in select threads. Unfortunately sometimes I have to pitch in threads such as this in special circumstances. One such is when someone requests that you and everyone else please stop posting such threads because it is really really annoying and your response is "I can post what I want, look away". This is like the neighbours dog that keeps screaming all day and somehow shuts up during common silent hours so you cannot actually call the cops on him. And when you complain to him about it he dismisses you and tells you there is nothing YOU can do. It is annoying, immature and inconsiderate.

Also......there's other threads in here already on this topic. Instead of creating a new thread of hate why not just add to one of the others. As it is, there seems to be a number of us that don't really care to see more of this stuff. It happens, get used to it. Haters always gonna hate.
^^ This

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
I hate to verbally engage against a fellow org member so I will leave it be.
Both of us are entitled to our own opinions.

In any case, this whole debacle is bad for SC.

Yex

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Yex
Downvoted and commented on the vid

However I do agree that this kind of stuff shouldn't be posted on the forums.

Also freedom of political speech is what you have.
Freedom of speech isn't a thing in western society, you can never simply say what you like without fear of penalty. That would be chaotic and irrational to believe.

Try and start a public debate about purifying ethnic groups and you'll see what I mean :p you're as free as much as the government says haha or depending on the size of your bank balance. Freedom that can be bought most certainly is not free ^_^ Degrees of freedom decided by others is not freedom.

Wikipedia is your friend ;)
What you are entitled to as well political freedom is freedom of thought. Think what you like, but freedom of expression isn't yours!
Woot!

Last edited:

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
I don't care what this guy or Derek or gg or anyone else says about SC or anything else but they sure as hell have the right to say it.

Let's hear from a sci-fi legend on the subject.

"Let me try to clear something up. "Freedom of speech" does not mean you get to say whatever you want without consequences. It simply means the government can't stop you from saying it. It also means OTHERS get to say what THEY think about your words.

So if someone makes an ass of himself, don't cry "freedom of speech" when others condemn him. It only highlights your general ignorance."
-George Takei

Yex

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Yex
I don't care what this guy or Derek or gg or anyone else says about SC or anything else but they sure as hell have the right to say it.

Let's hear from a sci-fi legend on the subject.

"Let me try to clear something up. "Freedom of speech" does not mean you get to say whatever you want without consequences. It simply means the government can't stop you from saying it. It also means OTHERS get to say what THEY think about your words.

So if someone makes an ass of himself, don't cry "freedom of speech" when others condemn him. It only highlights your general ignorance."
-George Takei
An interesting article to read - http://www.spectacle.org/296/speech.html
I'll just pull this quote from the first line second paragraph,

"In fact, speech has always been less free in this country than we would like to believe. There is a spectrum of what may be styled "permissible speech", and you may say anything you like within the spectrum. "

Its interesting to have a set of laws and rules that say one thing, and yet in practice are not followed. It occurs in many walks of life and most noticeably in the workplace. example. You're not necessarily qualified to do a job yet you can perform the task perfectly and do daily. We encounter this in Pharmacy as do nurses in hospital. Where by law you must be qualified to perform an action, yet its the taken norm to simply 'do your job' than ask for permission or request assistance due to policy.

It also varies greatly between nations, most noticeable in the censorship of your news. Generally the more censored the news, the less freedom of speech an individual has under permissible speech.
Do you really think American news is perfectly truthful and honest?
Hence how free is your speech? Does Edward Snowden fall under free speech on something that was clearly morally wrong, which he spoke out about? Yet is now a branded traitor? Once free speech is infringed on once, it is torn and broken for all, surely.
Its a question for critical thinking studies and open for debate. I'll say nothing more on it.

Last edited:

BlackHawkK

Space Marshal
Aug 11, 2015
RSI Handle
BlackHawkK
i have watched a few of his videos regarding Star Citizen. i think he has issues with how CIG does things. probably a lot of people do. before this video he did a rant about how incomplete the modules were. this is just my opinion of course, but, i think the biggest issue here, is that some people just have a hard time, watching a company do something other then the established status quo. some people just freak out about it. and it seems to be the underling message for most of his rant. i could only manage to get about half way threw his video. but it sounded similar to his first video he ranted on about Star Citizen. in my eyes, its nothing new from him. so no biggy for me. its like watching the old ED vs SC videos all over again lol.

i like to think, most of know why were are involved in the Star Citizen Universe. why we backed, and why we continue to hope it will be what we hope it will become. people who dont share that view, do not bother me in the least. and i also dont mind reading and watching them. for myself, it gives me a good check on my own hopes for the game. but so far i havnt seen or heard anything to makes me feel i have made a bad choice in Star Citizen.

i am not an expert on business models, or programming, or game development. what i do know about is building. like he said in this video. the most important part of a house is its foundation. but i disagree with what he feels the foundation should be. in his eyes the foundation is a solid function software or game engine. in MY eyes, the foundation is the vision of the game. and that is one thing that CIG seems to have build very very well. after the foundation, there are many ways to build the house afterwords. not all houses are built with each stick and piece being put together on the job site. sometimes, whole walls, and roof trusses, are built at a different location, and all brought together to build the final structure. that is how i see SC being built.

the rest of this stuff that has happened recently. seems to me just people and publications trying to build themselves up to be relevant. those who have to fight or argue to be relevant, usually are not.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
1.5hrs?

Im not going to even try watch, but I do have a prediction:

This guy will jump on the SC hate bandwagon for the views it generates.
And that's precisely why I'm not watching it.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake

Can't we have a rule about Dick Shit, and other reports that are unfounded? Tired of hearing about DS, he is a worthless degenerate, he was born a worthless degenerate, he will die a worthless degenerate, and only his alt account will mourn him. As for the escapist article, escapist has been getting less and less views, with increasing suspicious reviews. They are failing, they are willing to risk it all, the SC article is probably the highest viewed article in years. Their response to it is their 2nd most viewed article in years. They will continue to feed on it, because at this point it is probably their only source of income from that website. Now escapist has been found deleting comments on their website and youtube about any opposition to their article. Just ignore them, they need the money, DS needs the money. Starve them out, and don't give them views. Make them earn their money with honest reviews and credible sources.

Reactions: Soven Taliesyn

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
Can't we have a rule about Dick Shit, and other reports that are unfounded? Tired of hearing about DS, he is a worthless degenerate, he was born a worthless degenerate, he will die a worthless degenerate, and only his alt account will mourn him. As for the escapist article, escapist has been getting less and less views, with increasing suspicious reviews. They are failing, they are willing to risk it all, the SC article is probably the highest viewed article in years. Their response to it is their 2nd most viewed article in years. They will continue to feed on it, because at this point it is probably their only source of income from that website. Now escapist has been found deleting comments on their website and youtube about any opposition to their article. Just ignore them, they need the money, DS needs the money. Starve them out, and don't give them views. Make them earn their money with honest reviews and credible sources.
So my 2 cents, is that yes DS is bullshit but we really don't need to participate in every "opinion" that comes across. They have opinions, so what? They have the right and so do we. That shouldn't automatically mean we should have pich forks in hand because if we do, it is only us that will be hurt in the end. I didn't sign up for star citizen to become a meanie just because I don't like what someone is saying. I came for the ships!

I do still think that there is a place for [CONCERN] about SC and the project in these forums which is why I posted my thoughts on the article on a thread that was already created. It seemed like a good place for it so that I spare everyone else as much as possible if they didn't care to look.

The escapist might be removing comment but I haven't seen it and I posted some very critical things but I kept it thoughful and to the point.

That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?