Motorcycles

GarikDuvall

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Garik_Duvall
Hey all. So I'm looking to buy a bike here shortly. Recently got my license and I'm 90% sure I'm going to get an Indian Scout or Scout Sixty. Want to get it in the Ruby metallic which looks amazing with black accents/pipes on the bike. I went and TEST drove one today and it didn't hit me until I got home that it was TEST colors. I'm not a fan of banana/canary yellow bikes, but if I got a professionally made decal of our logo to throw on the tank it could be enough to get me to reconsider. Also there's the fact that in WV the tag "TEST" appears available (though they could deny that). Here is one I'm referring to...

707437A6-0FE5-4E1E-BCF7-10E8E8C099D9.jpg

What you all think? :P
[Also feel free to make this a TESTIE motor thread, where you can show off your beauties!]

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
:like:Well you should buy what your soul tells you you need. We like lots of stuff in life but what we need completes us:like:
I assume you already have dirt bikes etc...Which would mean you suffer from M.A.D. a/k/a Motorcycle Acquisition Disorder.....Enjoy:o7:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
That looks dope af!

I had a bike for years, rode it about 4 times in the first two weeks. Then gave it to the friend I bought it from (it's complicated), and he had taken it to his mechanic to get some stuff sorted (starter didnt work and other things).
About 5 or 8 years later I remembered I used to have a bike and asked what was up with it. It turns out, the mechanic has started working, took it apart mostly, and then went insane and was taken to jail. So the bike just sat there in the back of his garden, in pieces. After about an another years worth of messing around with paper work and shit, my "friend" managed to get hold of it, and just paid me the original price I paid for it.

1636168876869.png

couldn't find my own photo that I remember uploading to myspace back then lol.
So here's one from some magazine I found on google. It's a 90's Aprilia RS 50cc (80cc actually). I bought it for about todays equivalent of 600usd. Looked pretty cool, but could barely make it up the hill here with my fat ass on it hehehe
And ofc even though I only rode it like 4 times after buying it (rode it a couple times before to test out), I managed to drop it while riding it up onto the sidewalk, almost lost it while trying to get out from the middle of the tram lane (rear got caught in the rail gutter for a moment), and almost had a head on collision while taking a right turn waaay too fast. All in the same morning. lol
Oh and I messed up the mixing ratio, misread the label on the fuckin bottle and poured like half a liter of oil into 5 liters of fuel. Yeah, mile long smoke, but at least it was a well lubricated engine :D Same day still... heheh :D God I loved that thing!
No,. No I'm not buying a bike again... No... stop it!

Last edited:

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
I was never much on riding on the street but with that being said I have had several street bikes and except for two they were all two stroke replicas that I built at the my shop.
Gamma_500_Luckystrike-873x658.jpg
s just barely These two were street legal(sorta). square 4 500cc 118RWH and 268lbs with fluids if you like Carbon magnesium and titanium bits
The Honda was a total loss ig with a 94 RS250 powerplant stuffed into a MC18(NSR250) :love:
CastrolNSR-753x511.jpg

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Holy cow @GarikDuvall that is e beast of a ride!
I defenetly love to looks of it, but if you never ride a bike like that I'll suggest you to try different bike before commit to it.
I love the aestetics of it but handling is an importantin thing too in motorcycles, especially on heavy baby like that one appeart to be.
Also evaluate the mantenance cost: that byke is liquid cooled, not a bad think, but it's a more complex engine. and being open to the air sometimes a simple aircooled is better and more reliable engine...

BTW I defenetly approve the TEST logo on the tank, maybe look for a metal etched one to paint it matt black (the yellow is already there), something like this: https://testsquadron.com/threads/i-made-a-test-logo-out-of-metal.19084/

Devil Dog Hog

Space Marshal
Jan 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DevilDogHog
Hey all. So I'm looking to buy a bike here shortly. Recently got my license and I'm 90% sure I'm going to get an Indian Scout or Scout Sixty. Want to get it in the Ruby metallic which looks amazing with black accents/pipes on the bike. I went and TEST drove one today and it didn't hit me until I got home that it was TEST colors. I'm not a fan of banana/canary yellow bikes, but if I got a professionally made decal of our logo to throw on the tank it could be enough to get me to reconsider. Also there's the fact that in WV the tag "TEST" appears available (though they could deny that). Here is one I'm referring to...

View attachment 21677

What you all think? :P
[Also feel free to make this a TESTIE motor thread, where you can show off your beauties!]
Wheres the Gravlev pads, and the S1 laser repeaters. That backrest needs to be spun around so the passenger can shoot at people behind you. Good color.

GarikDuvall

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Garik_Duvall
I rented (through riders-share) a Honda Shadow 750 last weekend and enjoyed it a lot. Though I like the style and history of the Indian's better. Only was able to do a short test drive on that yellow beast. It is the Indian Scout (100hp, 1133cc). The length/height/weight are very similar to the Shadow. I was also looking at this used one in PA, and have to make a decision on used red one, used yellow one, or a new bike... all with their own pros/cons.
1636248098757.png

Definitely considering something like Doc Flanigan's metal logos, though would need one smaller and not sure how stiff metal would adhere to the tank which has a curve to it. That's why I'm thinking it might have to be a high quality vinyl made for vehicle paint. That or a professionally done painted logo from stencil. Open to more ideas.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I rented (through riders-share) a Honda Shadow 750 last weekend and enjoyed it a lot. Though I like the style and history of the Indian's better. Only was able to do a short test drive on that yellow beast. It is the Indian Scout (100hp, 1133cc). The length/height/weight are very similar to the Shadow. I was also looking at this used one in PA, and have to make a decision on used red one, used yellow one, or a new bike... all with their own pros/cons.
View attachment 21683

Definitely considering something like Doc Flanigan's metal logos, though would need one smaller and not sure how stiff metal would adhere to the tank which has a curve to it. That's why I'm thinking it might have to be a high quality vinyl made for vehicle paint. That or a professionally done painted logo from stencil. Open to more ideas.
Vinyl sounds like the best option to me, probably cheapest to get a dozen stickers printed out (so you can replace if damaged), least permanent which is something to consider if/when you wanna sell it too. The curve might be an issue for thick vinyl as well, I have small stickers on my car of my mechanic's workshop/racing team and it is very good quality, been on for half a year, went through car wash multiple times and no signs of damage yet. But it's a stiff thick sticker, attached to the rear side windows which are flat, I doubt it could conform to bends.

Oh, I just realized you could just use car wrap, that bends fine. You could ask some wrapin company to cut out just the logo design and even apply it for you, but long term adhesion for such small piece would be an issue I guess. At that point I would wrap the whole tank in TEST design. With only 3 colored parts you could even recolor the whole bike to whatever you want, if it fits into your budget. Although I seen wrap ruin the paint underneath if it's crap quality or left on for too long so...

Forgot your password?