MSR updates

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
It's a shame the inside is such a total mess. I pledged it but melted. Would unmelt if they redid it at some point but doubt thats gonna happen any time soon.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I took a look inside when it was launched. I love the chess set, I dislike the number of barriers to get to the pilot seat. Because of that inconvenience I'd not choose it as a ride no matter how capable it is. While the Starfarer is similar it has the excuse of being the size of an office block and would be able to rank a heart while running through the ship. I doubt the MSR could...?

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I took a look inside when it was launched. I love the chess set, I dislike the number of barriers to get to the pilot seat. Because of that inconvenience I'd not choose it as a ride no matter how capable it is. While the Starfarer is similar it has the excuse of being the size of an office block and would be able to rank a heart while running through the ship. I doubt the MSR could...?
The Starfarer was also originally designed as a combat zone internally, if I remember correctly, which helps describe its layout. I also believe there have been rumors that CIG plans on redesigning the internal layout to some degree at some point to help make its functionality more efficient, since it's a working / industrial vessel. If so, cheers!

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
That’s really the issue for me. Too many doors is frustrating when you are running and grinding, performing an unnatural sequence of actions over and over and want to do so mindlessly. Doorways are however, defensive positions and necessary in case of depressurization. So one needs to count the cost of realism. People sprint constantly in games, not IRL.

These arguments against the MSR seem to be grind based. I’m more concerned about the range. It ought to have stunning range. Need to see what they did about that.

On the PCs hiding complaint, this is true of any ship this size, so check your comms, and keep an R97 on the bridge. All interior shots are close so that weapon rules in that role. 2 shots max to kill and only 1-2 targets means you never need to reload, and the spread is instantly debilitating and lethal to 15 meters.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Personally, if I was able to, I'd as I would be leaving the ship to store it or unload it, I'd unlock & open all of the internal doors that I'd be passing through except for the 1st door once inside & have that door locked. So when I'm either loading or unloading cargo, nobody can steal the ship, but once inside & the outer bay door closes, there's only 1 door between myself & the cockpit.

Reactions: Shadow Reaper
Forgot your password?