Multiplayers Unite For The Benefit Of Creating A Prosperous Kill Ratio

Overlord

Captain
Nov 30, 2014
RSI Handle
OVERLORD_COOPER
I would like to respond to a comment in Mr. Roberts recent newsletter. 'The community logged over two million sessions and one million hours playing Arena Commander which has been split approximately 80% single player and 20% multiplayer'. Well of course single player outshone multiplayer; that is what will happen when servers drop players in the middle of a multiplayer match, that's what happens when guns are constantly being nerfed, not to mention letting ships like the M50 defy all laws of physics during gameplay and just be a bloody nuisance. And getting on with fellow teammates during the period Mr. Roberts is talking about? Nearly impossible. And now that we have Missile Commander and hornets without turrets? Not exactly motivating. So I have to ask, is CIG actually testing gameplay before putting out a patch? I mean come on, hornets with no turrets and missiles at every turn now? No wonder people aren't playing multiplayer. If CIG wants people to play the multiplayer, they are going to have to do a lot better than that. Or at least not crow about it in a News Letter.

OK, now that I let it all out, how is the family? Well?

Aurinian

Lieutenant
Dec 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Aurinian
I would be playing multiplayer in 1.0 if I could actually reliably connect to a game. Fix the lobby system and I am back in.

Reactions: Overlord

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Yeah, multiplayer has been spotty at best for me. Better than 50/50 chance of getting dropped. Hopefully, connectivity or some upgraded back end support will be coming in the next patch.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Yeah, multiplayer has been spotty at best for me. Better than 50/50 chance of getting dropped. Hopefully, connectivity or some upgraded back end support will be coming in the next patch.
I haven't been dropped from Battle Royal Dying Star and it connects right away for the past two days.

As far as missile spammers... they still are a pain in the ass; but between chat commands "Bros... lets try not to be missile commandos" "Dickheadmissile 1 is spamming missiles... missiles okay on Dickheadmissile1" kinda help control and limit missile commandos. Especially if match after match you end up with the same guys.. pick an Aurora and troll them to stop missile commando or leave the game ;)

Besides... it will all be fixed soon. CIG is ending their well deserved vacation and hopefully will come back focused yet hung over//

Overlord

Captain
Nov 30, 2014
RSI Handle
OVERLORD_COOPER
I haven't been dropped from Battle Royal Dying Star and it connects right away for the past two days.

As far as missile spammers... they still are a pain in the ass; but between chat commands "Bros... lets try not to be missile commandos" "Dickheadmissile 1 is spamming missiles... missiles okay on Dickheadmissile1" kinda help control and limit missile commandos. Especially if match after match you end up with the same guys.. pick an Aurora and troll them to stop missile commando or leave the game ;)

Besides... it will all be fixed soon. CIG is ending their well deserved vacation and hopefully will come back focused yet hung over//
Yeah, I think they needed a vacation. They put so much together in such short order that they are probably a bit fuzzy on direction - hopefully time off will help them retool their thinking caps. And to be fair, I am pretty sure that Chris Roberts wanted something out for Christmas and rushed this last patch a tad. Hard to fault anyone for that decision. Besides the Cutlass was well worth it. But not cool making it appear as if single player is the preferred mode when bugs and bad choices are driving multiplayers to play singleplayer. Probably just me but I see that a lot, companies focus on something then change direction like Elite did with its singleplayer; whose to say SC wouldn't suddenly change direction based on those stats and nerf multiplayer? I really hope not. I guess all we can do is voice our concern and hope CR continues towards his vision which is a kick ass multiplayer (knock wood).

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I'm waiting for a few things before I do more than stick my toes into multiplayer.

1) Servers fixed so I don't drop more connections than Skrillex does his bass lines.
2) Arena Credits/whatever they're gonna call the earnable currency. I'm not all about paying 20 bucks for a pair of missiles or some guns.
3) Cutlass fixed, or Gladius put in. Sorry Hornet loaner, I didn't buy you for a reason.

Forgot your password?