Mustang Alpha can't carry...?

MegaMonkey

Vice Admiral
Sep 12, 2017
RSI Handle
MegaMonkey
As in literally, is there no way to have it carry cargo? I was trying to do some delivery missions, like pick up a flight recorder from a wreck, and... where do I stash the box?
I can't climb the ladder with box in hand, so it gets left below the ship, and if I try to toss it to the ramp(?) behind the ship, it falls off when the ship moves...

So is there a trick to it that I'm missing? or do I need to buy a better ship before I can actually start doing missions and making a few bucks in game? If it's the latter, any recommendations for a one man ship that is good for delivery/exploration? not much of a fighter myself...

EDIT/Update: Turns out that missions where you need to carry a box back / deliver it somewhere are not possible with the mustang as getting in requires the use of a ladder, but for trade it has 6 SCU (for comparison the 315p has 2) so the mustang alpha does qualify as a "light freighter" I guess

Last edited:

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
same in the 315p and auroura
You can get then in in EVA as you do not use the ladder. Some folk have got them in by the ladder, but as youi do not have a cargo grid they fall out during QD apparently.

Reactions: Talonsbane

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
I got me a Avenger TItan. It and the Kore is about the only "light freighter" that you can actually load something into the cargo area.

MegaMonkey

Vice Admiral
Sep 12, 2017
RSI Handle
MegaMonkey
same in the 315p and auroura
You can get then in in EVA as you do not use the ladder. Some folk have got them in by the ladder, but as youi do not have a cargo grid they fall out during QD apparently.
I got my eye on the 315p, but is it in the verse yet? don't want to buy a ship I can't fly, you know...

EDIT: nvm I forgot I can check it in the ship shop.

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
yep, it is flyable, its my only ship, acceleration is very good so you get places quickly. Not very tough in a dogfight but running away is great.
2x SCU so you can make some money with cargo runs. And it has a bed. The view is okay not too many obstructions

MegaMonkey

Vice Admiral
Sep 12, 2017
RSI Handle
MegaMonkey
yep, it is flyable, its my only ship, acceleration is very good so you get places quickly. Not very tough in a dogfight but running away is great.
2x SCU so you can make some money with cargo runs. And it has a bed. The view is okay not too many obstructions
Sorry not very familiar with the terms yet, SCU is short for?

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
You can still do traditional cargo runs with it, just no support for cargo missions that require EVA to pick up cargo.

Try going to GH to buy cargo, full load of the best you can afford a full load of:

Best to cheapest:
Laranite
Diamonds
Gold
Tungsten
Titanium

Then sell the cargo at PO.

I've seen people mention in chat that they found bi-directional cargo runs from PO to hydroponics and research facilities, but they wouldn't tell me what the cargos are.

MegaMonkey

Vice Admiral
Sep 12, 2017
RSI Handle
MegaMonkey
You can still do traditional cargo runs with it, just no support for cargo missions that require EVA to pick up cargo.

Try going to GH to buy cargo, full load of the best you can afford a full load of:

Best to cheapest:
Laranite
Diamonds
Gold
Tungsten
Titanium

Then sell the cargo at PO.

I've seen people mention in chat that they found bi-directional cargo runs from PO to hydroponics and research facilities, but they wouldn't tell me what the cargos are.
can you point me to what planet GH's on?

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Mustang Alpha have a loading ramp in the back that can be lowered as opening up the cargo area that physics is not working at the moment..

As far as I remember I read some where in PTU thread that Aurora, Mustang and Hornet those who can carry cargo as in 300 too, can only be loaded/unloaded with cargo at at cargo terminal there is no physic way to load them manually yet that physics is not working at the moment.

All those above mentioned can carry the cargo but it will not be visual at the moment, I have done some cargo runs in both Aurora and Hornet so it works there is just no way to load up anything manually in them for that you need something like a "Avenger Titan" at least in the Avenger I picked up cargo boxes with and loaded them manually.

CHEERS!! :beer: :beers:

MegaMonkey

Vice Admiral
Sep 12, 2017
RSI Handle
MegaMonkey
Thanks everyone for the help!

I went ahead and upgraded to 315p since my focus is going to be exploration/doing missions here and there, and so far my capital is too small to fill even 1 SCU of goods, so cargo runs are not being limited atm.

Forgot your password?