My ALS Challenge video

Droc

Captain
Aug 16, 2014
RSI Handle
Droc
Props to those who support it.

Im not.
I budget my funds through the year and I decide on a set amount for donations.
I base those organizations on need, personal connection and percentage of funds utilized.
I fund CHEO(childrens hospital of eastern ontario - they were great for my kids), The Heart and Stroke Foundation, and the Canadian Cancer Society.

before this ALS bucket thing, ALS in Canada killed 600 per year and it averaged out to $3,350 of funding per death. After this ice bucket thing that number will be exponentially higher.
Heart disease in Canada kills 72,000 and funding averages out to $90 per death. Similar numbers for Cancer.

Its also disturbing when you figure that only 30% of the people posting these videos actually donate anything...and so many seem to be doing it as a shameless selfie.

dont get me wrong, donating and helping ALS is a good thing....im just splitting hairs, mostly because my facebook is flooded with them, have been for weeks.

Reactions: [EGTID]Killbuni-
Jun 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Killbuni
What ever charity you support its all good as the charities win in the end by raising more funds.

I did it for the ALS / MNDA (uk) as my family has direct contact with suffering people with this problem.

Thanks all for your comments and please keep support which ever charity you support.
Sometimes we all need a little help to remember those that have less, myself included I do forget sometimes that I'm so lucky to be able to play these games etc when so many other never get the chance.

Forgot your password?