My attempt at TEST logo & other stuff

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
sorry but my OCD is kicking in a bit... it's a TINY bit tilted to the left... can you rotate it a bit? (probably scanning error)

Munken

Game Master
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
MunkenTEST
Also the top of the circle is not smooth. See how nice we are :D good job sir! Here have my like.

axelrankpoke

Vice Admiral
Dec 26, 2013
RSI Handle
Kitehorn
sorry but my OCD is kicking in a bit... it's a TINY bit tilted to the left... can you rotate it a bit? (probably scanning error)
Also the top of the circle is not smooth. See how nice we are :D good job sir! Here have my like.
Yeah I'll get to it first thing tomorrow. The whole thing needs to be refined a bit.

This is so mindbogglingly good...

SIR YOU HAVE TALENT AND SKILL.
Great logo. I'm also totally loving the sig graphic.

Oh, and if you ever want to use it somewhere just tell me and I'll send you the .psd files

EDIT

I have nothing better to do today anyway

See if it's any better. Is it still tilted?

EDIT#2

Now that I look at it the black circle looks kind of bloated. Might be just because I cropped the canvas and the image itself is bigger.

Here's a small one for comparison

Last edited:

Munken

Game Master
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
MunkenTEST
Yeah I'll get to it first thing tomorrow. The whole thing needs to be refined a bit.

Oh, and if you ever want to use it somewhere just tell me and I'll send you the .psd files

EDIT

I have nothing better to do today anyway

See if it's any better. Is it still tilted?

EDIT#2

Now that I look at it the black circle looks kind of bloated. Might be just because I cropped the canvas and the image itself is bigger.

Here's a small one for comparison

And another like off to you sir.
Its awesome to see, that we have talented people like you in our org.

axelrankpoke

Vice Admiral
Dec 26, 2013
RSI Handle
Kitehorn
Excellent!

But, Squardon?!
I like simple minimalistic logos that have plain colors and are easily readable. My thinking was that logo isn't a coat of arms that has a motto and a whole bunch of things going on. My goal was to keep it as simple as possible while using TEST Corps/TEST Outfit colors and staying away from things like bevel/emboss and other effects I'm not a huge fan of.

However, this is just my view on what makes a good logo.

We already have an official logo, so unless TEST leadership decides we need a different one this will stay my personal artistic interpretation ;)

Last edited:

axelrankpoke

Vice Admiral
Dec 26, 2013
RSI Handle
Kitehorn
Okay, so I really don't know what I can do with this picture anymore :D

1920x1200 16:10 wallpaper w/o grain for a cleaner look ↓

1920x1200 16:10 wallpaper w/grain ↓

3000x1400 image for headers and whatnot ↓

3000x1400 image w/ grain ↓

Reactions: TestBot and chKaze

chKaze

Captain
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chkazelogin
The only thing I dont like about is, is that the TEST SQUADRON doesnt follow the lines (needs to be rotated a bit)
EDIT: but then the text will look weird I think :D

axelrankpoke

Vice Admiral
Dec 26, 2013
RSI Handle
Kitehorn
The only thing I dont like about is, is that the TEST SQUADRON doesnt follow the lines (needs to be rotated a bit)
EDIT: but then the text will look weird I think :D
My depth perception might be completely off and I might be totally wrong (I'd love to see someone with formal education in graphic design explain this) but here's the way I see it: Aurora, TEST Squadron and white lines all originate from an imaginary point outside the image. Picture below should explain the rest

Last edited:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
This is great!

Can I make a request, here is a rough version of blotting out the suns:

Well, looking at it now, it was supposed to be a rough version, but I think its passable! lol

Forgot your password?