My buybacks are missing after the IAE !!!

Ltmifune

Captain
Nov 6, 2022
RSI Handle
ltmifune
I am new to this star citizen and IAE was my first, but I went to buy back some of the packs that I had Warbonded and they are no longer in my buybacks inventory. This makes me sad.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
were they upgraded? if so when they were melted they would only be the original ship from the purchase. if you are expecting to find one particular ship and it as upgraded you wont see it.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Basically you can only buy back the very first ship in any CCU chain. So Aurora -> Avenger -> Hornet -> Melting pot will result in the buy-back pledge of the original Aurora. And a certain sum of store credits that corresponds to the money you spent on that whole thing minus the taxes. The good news is that buying back the Aurora with store credits is without taxes. So that Avenger you can ccu back to without loss.
If it was a Talon though you gotta wait until Alien week. That sucks and we've all been there, trust me... 😭

Reactions: Garonman

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
They were not upgrades. One was the Warbonded Argo pack that had all the Argo ships.
Okay, in that case I take back whatever I posted before and cast dirty looks towards the CIG customer service.
You should be able to unmelt any package you directly bought before for cash.
The only thing I can imagine thats not a complete fail of the shop page would be that they still got their stupid package timers.
I somewhat remember that you only could retrieve special event specific ships and packages a while AFTER the event was through. Or maybe that's just my dementia acting up. Who knows?
Anyhow the customer service should be able to help you find that buyback. Whether you want to use it or not, you should have the choice at least. ✊😤

Forgot your password?