My contribution to the test community

Status
Not open for further replies.

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
Think it through. Your new catchphrase/motif is functionally about shooting down the comments of others, potentially stifling community discourse under the guise of a fictional totalitarian theocracy for which not everyone's going to understand the reference, and which reference has nothing to do with Star Citizen.

It's amusing once or twice, but it's not conducive to welcoming new people into the community, and reinforces a sense of inner circle / early member aware of the in-joke and noobs who aren't part of the clique. All before the game has released and the Test Squadron community has been formed in any truly substantive way.

I'm likely reading waaaay too much into this, but as a forum identity The Commissar is a challenging one to pull off.

For catch-phrases, you'd be better off going Magnitude's route. Life of the party, loved by all. IMO, you pulled that off with your very first forum identity/avatar, the lovable Kerbal.

http://www.nbc.com/community/video/the-pop-pop-video-montage/n26049/

Reactions: TestBot

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
would it be wrong of me to say that I kind of sort of agreed with your previous comment?
While I agree with some of my points, I overstepped my bounds by saying anything and I defined a potential characterization without first giving Barthanes enough benefit of the doubt to discover a means of portraying the avatar that didn't go in the direction I'm describing.

I do still think a hardnosed Commissar to be challenging forum avatar to pull off on a new community forum, but that doesn't mean Barthanes won't succeed with his new avatar.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Okay I'm just going to wade into this discussion to give my two cents on the issue. The avatar that a person chooses shouldn't be judged how they will act. Since Barthanes has not shown unwelcoming behavior to new TESTies I believe we are in the clear. Just going to lock this thread for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?