My Experience with Odyssey Interstellar

CitizenSanteri

Commander
Feb 27, 2020
RSI Handle
CitizenSanteri
My first organization I joined was rather cool at first. They had enough people online and some activities every week, which most of us participated in. I made a few friends or friendly acquaintances quickly. I offered some information I am familiar with in hopes to help others as well as myself learn more about what I am getting into. IIRC I was in this group for a short period, no more than two months. Everything was great, till the CEO, or main leader guy, founder, whomever . . . lost his cool and showed his true colors on coms. I was happy to leave instantly, once I seen the signs of an abusive personality. To be honest, I was shocked. It really bothered me to leave. I really liked everything about the Org and the ways things were done, activities, roles, responsibilities delegated, the forums, coms, overall mindset of the players themselves. etc.

If you are a leader, and you have this attitude - a mindset of beliefs or way of thinking - that prevents success or any opportunity to explore solutions, you are NOT leading. This guy was worse than my abusive parents . . . You just never know what type of person you are standing next too till you challenge their "authority" or pride. And with that, I am PROUD to point out, pride ain't shit. This guy was so proud, he wouldn't even allow the THOUGHT of a solution to a known problem that WE humans are in fact the cause behind.

Look, I am a natural leader, who after my first comings into manhood, was trained to lead people into battle. Ironic to say this, but I do NOT know anything. I have seen enough life and met enough people, to know we all bleed red. I come without expectation, but where ever I go, I often seek to assist and support or help out where I can, when asked. If I see that someone needs help, if you are struggling and dropping things, cant carry the load, you bet your ass I will drop what is in my hands, to help ya out. and I like being around people like that. Its called a TEAM mentality. We lift each other up. We solve problems we face. We do not run from them, we are not cowards.

This is a general mindset and these factors apply to all walks of life, all problems in life. I had to walk away because the guy was so offended, insulted, threatened, by others' presenting solutions and a positive attitude, that he had to overwhelm the coms with his own egoistic negativity. It got so bad, my ptsd and anxiety got pretty heavy, rather forcing me to take a step back from the conversation. I try to avoid people of single minded point of view, inconsiderate of other perspectives or solutions. THERE IS ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat. Nothing is new, under the sun. I respect others LIFE experience, as they bring with them, their world views and understandings. I feel, to make a decent leader, one must first learn: to empty his own cup. He don't know shit . . . but thinks he does. He can't do shit, but he thinks he can.

Id avoid this organization if you consider leaving here. On a common core level, I seek a group of like minded folks who want others, as well as themselves, to have FUN. That is why I left. I wish I could just kick that one guy out but he was the one main guy. So tell me, do you think a bad apple can ruin a bunch? Have you not experienced this yourself in your life? I have, many times. And I am MORE than strong enough to walk away, ON MY OWN, from it.

I respect strength. but it is not what most people think it is. and its not such a "good" thing either. One way to consider strength is as a means of resisting. Refusal to accept what is. When happens to people when they refuse to accept what is? I will leave the philosophy to a minimum, I am sure you all know what I mean.

I miss the folks that were friendly in OI. I found them on a YT ad Bored Gamer did. Thankfully, they are not the only ones in game. I didn't even see I had an invite to TEST from a while ago. So I tried it. I hope things are different here, and I feel they are. I havent been in a coms where people are telling others what to project or what can and can't be said. I have seen the respect for other ideas and views in TEST already and it really pleases me to see everyone stick to it. I think TEST was a good choice, and I hope to bring what I can in a means to help the org be a better place for its members! WE are a team, NOT I . . .

I cannot see Odyssey Interstellar lasting long, at least not on the sole leadership of its founder. In fact, I can only assume the worst for them. If they do get anywhere, it will be because of the leaderships surrounding the founder.

When you meet a man/woman who says, this can't be done, that can't be done, no, no, nope, not that, not this . . . You better be careful and keep an eye on other opportunities. That shit rubs off ya know? I have a big thing for TEAM MORAL. I like to see yes, yes, yes . . . anything is possible, we can do and become anything we put our minds to! Attitudes often limit the capabilities of an individual or a group. Not the personal limitations or skills of said group or individual. I have seen the impossible happen. Shit, sometimes, I even helped to cause it. I hope we have a different attitude here at TEST!

HIVE MIND! GO TEST!

Last edited:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Here is the issue with the state of 99% of the orgs in this game at the moment.

Anybody can go and start an org right now, this very second. You click a button, you choose a name and BAM! New org! Congrats!

Next you click another button and now you have a discord server.

There are few to almost no barriers of entry for anybody, which is great!

Now that you have a community, the trick is to maintain it and ever grow it. If you are just a shitty person with terrible social skills who is generally disliked by everybody around them in real life, you may be able to pull it off here for a while. You can start a group, grow that group. Eventually your true character will come out, at which point the people around you will question whether or not you are the kind of person they want to hang out with.

Im very clear on my stance here from day one, you all disgust me!

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Im very clear on my stance here from day one, you all disgust me!

Filthy affiliate representing!

BTW, when this is over, there is still a RL beer in the offering.

OP - Welcome! It should go without saying, but there are more orgs like that, and you are not the only one to walk out of such a place. Montoya and crew run a tight ship.. maybe a loose ship.. maybe just loose lips, oh honestly we just drink a lot.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I am very sorry to read that you had abusive parents.
My own parents went through a nasty divorce when I was a teenager and they put me in the middle of it,
it doesn't compare to being abused but... I had my fair share of unwarranted ass-kickings from both my parents.

The nice thing about TEST, our glorious leader isn't abusive and has a stable head on his shoulders, a strong leader and politically sharp and wise.
Our glorious leader has earned my respect within a few weeks or months after joining TEST.
And I've stuck around all these years like aching joints in an old person, there is really nowhere else in Star Citizen where you will find this diversity and quantity of members with a fun and wise leadership.

Welcome, I'll hope we'll earn TEST to be your main ORG with pride.

1451250892_Thread Necromancy.jpg

Devil Dog Hog

Space Marshal
Jan 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DevilDogHog
TEST ORGy RULZ
1) There are know rulz
2) berrs settle everythig
3) the aruroa is the best damn ship in all the verse. Period.
4) always follow montoya into battle, like, 50 feet plus a couple miles. That way he figures out ifn its dangerous
5) "im not drunk, just got big thumbs and a little kryboard" is a good excuse qhen typing replies to the fotums... mostly.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
There are other organizations???
WHY???
Since when???
Lo, in the beginning there was TEST, molded by Montoya in his own image.

And CR looked upon TEST and knew it to be good.

But CR also knew there were those who would think themselves to be too good for TEST - The arrogant, the Ganker, the Troll, the Asshat, and those who would use a spreadsheet for anything other than propping a door open with.

Thus other Orgs were created for those who thought themselves too good for TEST, and verily they did wilt and flounder in the shade of the best squadron, for the truth is that it is not they who are too good for TEST, but that is TEST that is too good for them.

The light of TEST is open to all who will accept it, however those who shun will live in the shadow of Glory for all time.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza

But CR also knew there were those who would think themselves to be too good for TEST - The arrogant, the Ganker, the Troll, the Asshat, and those who would use a spreadsheet for anything other than propping a door open with.

Thus other Orgs were created for those who thought themselves too good for TEST, and verily they did wilt and flounder in the shade of the best squadron, for the truth is that it is not they who are too good for TEST, but that is TEST that is too good for them.

The light of TEST is open to all who will accept it, however those who shun will live in the shadow of Glory for all time.

Cheers!!

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek

Oh crap, I am in a cult... Woo whoo where's the Koolaid 🍺🍻🥂🍷

Forgot your password?