My first ever comic book sketches, and of my fav Marvel character

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Mark Brooks and Adi Granov, amazing Marvel comic artists were at my nearby comic shop.
They both have done Venom work and I'm a big Venom fan,
and I had two spare sketch cover Venom comics that they were willing to sketch Venom on for me...
I was apprehensive at first because I was told sketches were $350 each...
But... this was so worth it!
By Mark Brooks

By Adi Granov

Both one of a kind pieces of art, which will both be CGC yellow label graded

They are both really cool guys in person.
https://twitter.com/DavidAELevy/status/1031008452187803648

This signing was the most I've ever spent in my life at once for one signing event,
I had 5 other Venom books signed by Adi and CGC'd press and graded all of them.
I don't even want to look at my credit card balance tonight.. lol

But... you can't put a price on one of a kind art of your absolute favorite comic book character by legendary artists.

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
I remember paying $70 for Leonard Nimoy to sign my Star Trek Online collector's edition. As we were waiting in line, Stan Lee came through the curtain behind Mr. Nimoy and introduced himself and shook hands with with him. I remember them telling each other how they were fans of each other's work, lol. That memory is worth every penny.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I remember paying $70 for Leonard Nimoy to sign my Star Trek Online collector's edition. As we were waiting in line, Stan Lee came through the curtain behind Mr. Nimoy and introduced himself and shook hands with with him. I remember them telling each other how they were fans of each other's work, lol. That memory is worth every penny.
Ill give you $10 for that.

Reactions: DirectorGunner

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
They won't come back from CGC till after the movie is out but sometime this year, probably will come back late November/December.
There's a guy that frequents the same comic store, he's affiliated with CGC that organizes private signings... if I can get Stan Lee's sig and Tom Hardy's sig... the value would be insane. Stan Lee doesn't do public signings anymore he said, and he hasn't done any private signings in the last couple / few months.. but he said hopefully he'll get a private signing going sometime in the next few months.

Forgot your password?