My Fleet: OK Guys, I think I'm finally satisfied.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
So I think this is where I want to be. After 10 years of melting and upgrading (and battering my wallet) I think I have all the gameplay loops that I'm interested in covered.

I also managed to paint LTI on all of them. I'm sure there are more ships to come, but I'm thinking I'm done. Now I just have to wait to actually fly most of them.

View attachment 21834
Most important is that you are happy with it.

In my book it's a great variety of ship that will keep you busy for a long time, great choices.

CHEERS! 🍻

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
No, there is definitely no 'maybe' about it.
They will very unlikely remove some Loaners (like Pisces i.e.). And generally "everything is subject to change" therfor I stand by my maybe :P

But where will you get the money to do the trade runs with the cat? aUEC gets definitely wiped before the game goes live. And a number of times even before that.
Corsair should be great for PVE even as single Pilot (or maybe with 2 NPCs for the turrents), though I will also keep the Cutlass in my Carrion Pack but only out of love for the Cutlass and not as a requirement :)

We don't really know if aUEC == UEC. My guess would be that aUEC is something like 0.1 UEC or 0.01 UEC, what with specifically being a different currency and starter packages coming with mere 1k UEC or so, I mean, otherwise you could just fly around in a Hornet for like an extended weekend or so and buy a 600i. Hmm... I don't really know if that's a bad thing, actually. But the reason 80% of my pledges are large and capital ships is because I'm kinda assuming it'd be a bit more difficult than that.
Pretty sure they'll wipe and you start with the UEC of your account + whatever they deem a good starting money sum for everyone. If they also convert aUEC - maybe...

Stuff like building up rep can be really tiresome with a larger ship, trust me, I've tried. If you absolutely refuse to go under a medium, something like Cutlass black isn't a bad option either, though having flown that extensively I'm still planning on getting a hornet.
That's fine if you want. Everyone may have their own approach at this and calculate for themselves what they deem necessary. Just saying it's not a strict requirement to own a small ship. It's more a question of what your preferred play style is.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
My question about a medivac ship is this. You have these people respawning on your medivac, are they able to call a ship from it? or are they grounded till you get to port so they can call one?
The only medical ship able to spawn players AND ships will be the Endeavor Hope (with hospital+hangar bay). It is crearly stated so in the Q&A for the Endeavor. Basically the Hope is a mobile respawn point for small ships.

As for other medical ships no, none is able to spawn vehicle so far. So grounded on ship till back to port or to an Endeavor, to be able to spawn a new ship.

As for ships with hangar in general, none is able to spawn vehicle out of the middle of nowhere in space. Only the Endeavor can do that.

Ships with hangar will be able to spawn vehicles when mothership is called from a station, and only from the owner's vehicle list (so if you own a Polaris and a Sabre, or a Kraken and 2 Sabre, you will be able to spawn them at same time in station).

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
The only medical ship able to spawn players AND ships will be the Endeavor Hope (with hospital+hangar bay). It is crearly stated so in the Q&A for the Endeavor. Basically the Hope is a mobile respawn point for small ships.
I reread the QA and I did not see the part where it's a spawn point for small ships. They clearly said that you could park 4 ships in the Endeavor hanger. But you are right as far as I know outside of stations/ bases the Endeavor and Apollo will be the only places to spawn players.

Now, where does that lead us to? To work through this, we’ll be using the Landing Bay module for the recently unveiled Endeavor to go over things in a bit more detail. This module has definitely excited a number of players with the potential of hauling a few extra ships around, but we want to clear up some of the more hard-limits on its use.
The Landing Bay offers a fairly spacious 30m x 60m x 10m volume of space to work with. In gameplay, you’ll be allowed to safely store/transport/launch/refit up to 4 ships that fit inside this space. A Cutlass Red and a pair of 300’s, a couple of Hornets or Avengers, you should absolutely have some good choices to make in terms of what you carry along.

As for other medical ships no, none is able to spawn vehicle so far. So grounded on ship till back to port or to an Endeavor, to be able to spawn a new ship.

As for ships with hangar in general, none is able to spawn vehicle out of the middle of nowhere in space. Only the Endeavor can do that.
I am rather dubious on this as it really does go against everything they have been saying and building towards.

Ships with hangar will be able to spawn vehicles when mothership is called from a station, and only from the owner's vehicle list (so if you own a Polaris and a Sabre, or a Kraken and 2 Sabre, you will be able to spawn them at same time in station).
I would add the caveat that this will only be possible if both ships are already in the same station and it's unknown if this is a short-term workaround or a long-term game plan. Either way it's still not implemented.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I reread the QA and I did not see the part where it's a spawn point for small ships. They clearly said that you could park 4 ships in the Endeavor hanger. But you are right as far as I know outside of stations/ bases the Endeavor and Apollo will be the only places to spawn players.
It is in the part 3 of the q&a, there were 3 separate q&a links. What you mention is in the part 1. Here I also add "small ships" because it is the size allowed by hangar (up to Cutlass).

Quote :
The Hope-class Endeavor opens up an entirely new range of possibilities for the aspiring healer. As previously noted, Endeavors with an attached Medical Bay may serve as respawn points for players that have died, and the associated Hangar Bay allows those players to – for a price premium – have one of their existing ships or a new purchase delivered quickly so that they can get right back into the action.

and further after :
Can you go into more detail on the respawn mechanic for the Medical Bay? Can you deny enemies from spawning in your bay? How fast will replacement ships normally be delivered? How fast do you estimate expedited delivery to take?
(...)
Expedited ships will arrive very quickly, as sitting on another player’s ship for an extended period of time wouldn’t be particularly fun, and the longer that you remain the more likely that the pilot might decide to leave the area, which would defeat the entire purpose of selecting them as a spawn point in the first place.
One thing to keep in mind, however, is that even this “abbreviated” respawn mechanic will not allow you to immediately get back to where you were. Upon respawning you’ll have to navigate to the Hangar Bay’s waiting room, request a ship – and there might be others in front of you, wait for the ship to arrive, traverse to it, board it, exit the Hangar Bay, and navigate back to your desired destination.

I am rather dubious on this as it really does go against everything they have been saying and building towards.
You can find this info on the Kraken Q&A. I meant here that you can not spawn new ships like in station when you recall them, it is either a ship already spawned by the Kraken owner same time as the Kraken, or a ship from another player landed on the Kraken. But not a new ship unlike what you can do in an Endeavor. Basically an Endeavor is mobile mini station.

Quote :
Can you spawn ships from the Kraken?

When you spawn your Kraken, you will be able to spawn ships in/on it if you own them, but beyond that point no other ships can be spawned dynamically on-board. It is similar to how the Constellation will be able to have a ground vehicle within when spawned but is unable to spawn another ground vehicle in the hold, mid-flight. Players landing on the ship during game-play will have their ships permanently on the pad.

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
You guys are sticking to much trust in things will be 100% as said... and forgetting the most important....

DISCLAIMER: These are our current vehicle specifications.
Some of this may change during the 3D design and game balancing process.. etc.. etc..

Nothing is written in stone until it's flyable and even then things might change as most ships done from original concept.
Cause.. alpha and things might not alway turn out as planed so a compromise have to be made..

CHEERS! 🍻

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
You guys are sticking to much trust in things will be 100% as said... and forgetting the most important....

DISCLAIMER: These are our current vehicle specifications.
Some of this may change during the 3D design and game balancing process.. etc.. etc..

Nothing is written in stone until it's flyable and even then things might change as most ships done from original concept.
Cause.. alpha and things might not alway turn out as planed so a compromise have to be made..

CHEERS! 🍻
Of course,and that is the case of 100% of the entire game 😅😇

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Pretty sure they'll wipe and you start with the UEC of your account + whatever they deem a good starting money sum for everyone. If they also convert aUEC - maybe...
I didn't mean that your aUEC would be converted to UEC at some ratio, I meant like the ship prices might stay the same but mission rewards could go from 30k aUEC to 3k UEC or something. That is to say, we're currently just testing things out, so it's quite possible that alphaUEC would be faster to gain/have more purchasing power, and when the game actually goes live the progression will be slower. Y'know, so everyone won't be flying around in an Idris 6 months after the release. And I mean, especially since we'll be able to sell our old stuff to afford getting that next tier of ship, wouldn't make much sense if you can just fly around for a few hours to net the same.

Corsair should be great for PVE even as single Pilot (or maybe with 2 NPCs for the turrents), though I will also keep the Cutlass in my Carrion Pack but only out of love for the Cutlass and not as a requirement :)
--
That's fine if you want. Everyone may have their own approach at this and calculate for themselves what they deem necessary. Just saying it's not a strict requirement to own a small ship. It's more a question of what your preferred play style is.
Everything is, of course, subject to change but while you'll be able to do a lot of things with Corsair, it's a large ship. It's slower and has higher operating costs than a medium or small of the same type. This won't be a problem in the long run, but initially this can really hurt you if you only have access to beginner missions and have to build up rep. Putting a small delivery on a large hold, or hunting down a pirate in an Aurora... You can do it, but the beginner rewards means you'll be barely breaking even if that. Now, again, everything is subject to change, but you should at the very least entertain the possibility that you might want a small (or at least a medium) ship to help you get started and to be your backup ship if all your other ships are variations of 'stored on another planet and the delivery cost is way too high' and 'destroyed and the insurance claim is going to cost too much or take too long.' I just feel like being a concierge with no ship to fly on day 1 (or any other day) would be a bit silly.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
It is in the part 3 of the q&a, there were 3 separate q&a links. What you mention is in the part 1. Here I also add "small ships" because it is the size allowed by hangar (up to Cutlass).

Quote :
The Hope-class Endeavor opens up an entirely new range of possibilities for the aspiring healer. As previously noted, Endeavors with an attached Medical Bay may serve as respawn points for players that have died, and the associated Hangar Bay allows those players to – for a price premium – have one of their existing ships or a new purchase delivered quickly so that they can get right back into the action.

and further after :
Can you go into more detail on the respawn mechanic for the Medical Bay? Can you deny enemies from spawning in your bay? How fast will replacement ships normally be delivered? How fast do you estimate expedited delivery to take?
(...)
Expedited ships will arrive very quickly, as sitting on another player’s ship for an extended period of time wouldn’t be particularly fun, and the longer that you remain the more likely that the pilot might decide to leave the area, which would defeat the entire purpose of selecting them as a spawn point in the first place.
One thing to keep in mind, however, is that even this “abbreviated” respawn mechanic will not allow you to immediately get back to where you were. Upon respawning you’ll have to navigate to the Hangar Bay’s waiting room, request a ship – and there might be others in front of you, wait for the ship to arrive, traverse to it, board it, exit the Hangar Bay, and navigate back to your desired destination.
Nice catch in my skimming I did not read the medical part. At this point, I would still bet against them implementing this feature from 6 years ago. But it is possible that you can have your insurance claim small ship delivered to the Endeavor Hanger for a nominal fee.

White Lando

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 25, 2021
RSI Handle
White_Lando
Here's mine (big thanks to @vahadar and @SpudNyk!)

FRONT.PNG

I enjoy combat (mostly PVE focused) but wanted the higher end money makers for a change of pace option. MSR adds a lot of versatility with cargo hauling and info running when it comes online. The BMM is a boss so it doesn't really need a reason.

Might add an Apollo one day but I'm still on the fence.

A lot of the ships aren't "high value" but they're ships I know I'll enjoy using.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Arena Commander loaners are flyable in the persistent universe. I know of no plans to abolish AC anytime soon if ever - they even improved it right now after all. Even a "finished" game needs a tutorial and since you can't play the tutorial which is AC in a Caterpillar i.e. it's quite likely a Caterpillar owner get's to keep his Buccanner loaner for the foreseeable future.

Loaners as replacements for concepts is a different thing to secondary loaners that enable you to play all game modes. If or how that will change we don't know.
There is no reason to believe Arena Commander loaners will continue to be usable in the PU, indefinitely.

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
fleetview.jpg

I've always preferred ships that can be solo'ed while bringing maybe a friend or two.

Upgraded my Sabre to the MSR and grabbed the Gladius to replace it.
Upgraded my DUR to a Corsair because I think it will play well with my MSR and Herald for Hacking/Smuggle play. Plus I love a little asymmetry sci-fi design.
Added the Hull B because I ended up enjoying space trucking in ED more than I thought I would when I first backed Star Citizen.
Aurora LN 4 Lyfe and no medium science ship to replace the Reliant ... so they stay.

BMM will probably be my personal "end game" ship to earn and own in game. All the other large ships I just want to help crew.

Delivery missions + looting with my Reliant Sen (when you can actually get it to spawn properly) and ROC mining with my MSR have been amazing experiences since the last time I played. I've put in a RIDICULOUS amount of hours the past few weeks recovering from COVID with those two ships plus my Gladius for PVE.

Game is really ... really close to finally becoming my "main" game. Alpha btw *shrug*

Last edited:

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
So I think this is where I want to be. After 10 years of melting and upgrading (and battering my wallet) I think I have all the gameplay loops that I'm interested in covered.

I also managed to paint LTI on all of them. I'm sure there are more ships to come, but I'm thinking I'm done. Now I just have to wait to actually fly most of them.

View attachment 21834
you think you are satisfied until suddenly they drop something really cool out.

Forgot your password?