My laptop can't run SC, so playing Wing Commander instead

RogueIce

Commander
Dec 29, 2015
RSI Handle
RogueIce
That and I wanted to see how this whole thing got started. Of course, I don't read the manual, because reading the manual is for chumps. So I have no idea what I'm doing aside from vague "point and shoot" and flying from Point A to Point B. Also using an Xbox controller because why not?

Get in the first mission, bag a Kilrathi and then accidentally shoot my own wingman, who politely requests I target the enemy instead. Ok, fair enough. Except the cowards run away from me and disappear from my screen. :(

Oh well I reached Nav Point 1, on to Nav Point 2! *flies along* Huh what's that gray thing in front of me...OH GOD WHY DID I EXPLODE?

Yes I ran into an asteroid and died on my first mission. Sue me.

The funeral cutscene was pretty nice. Not sure whether to be touched or annoyed when the Commander said I never even got a chance to prove myself. I like the detail there, though. I'm assuming if I actually got a few missions in before dying he'd say something different. Chris Roberts, natural born storyteller and immersion expert confirmed.

10/10 would crash into an asteroid again

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Haha, same here :D I recently bought WC III + IV during GOG summer sale and *tried* to play both. Well, how to explain...? Actually, I still can't really understand if I've become such a bad pilot thus been such an ace in former times - or if aiming and hitting on slower rigs simply was way more easy, back in the 90s...

Forgot your password?