" Name that ship "

Maxgerber5250

Grand Admiral
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt-Spicer
Share with us the names you have given your ship/ships, and if you have a back story or reason for that name.

The SS Morgan is a mining/refining vessel Orion class. She will be my flagship.
The Blind Squirrel is a Aquila " Just trying to find a nut "
The SS Chace class Hull C.
These are my ships, there are many like them. Tell us about yours.

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
The "Hill Mynah" is my Drake Herald named after the ancient Hill Mynah bird of Earth. The Hill Mynah was known as the talking bird, though less famous than a parrot it was able to copy words and voices more accurately and completely. I thought it a solid namesake for a data running vessel ;)

Reactions: Maxgerber5250

Maxgerber5250

Grand Admiral
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt-Spicer
The "Hill Mynah" is my Drake Herald named after the ancient Hill Mynah bird of Earth. The Hill Mynah was known as the talking bird, though less famous than a parrot it was able to copy words and voices more accurately and completely. I thought it a solid namesake for a data running vessel ;)
Fits like a glove.

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
Heh...I've used stupid amounts of time on this already, and I can't ever be satisfied... XD

For my Carrack; It'll be: The Halcyon.
But I've written down two I'd like for my 350R: Umbra Velox or Hyalina. It's supposed to mean; swift shadow & colorless.

Miguelese

Commander
Aug 29, 2015
RSI Handle
Miguelese
Difficult to name any of my ships as I can't actually fly any of them except the Avenger yet. For me, to fly them is to understand their character which is invaluable for allocating an appropriate name. Sorry if beer is making me spew BS, it happens at this time of the evening usually.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Yex

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Yex
My favourite MMO name was always dirty "Wear_U_lyk_a_meatglove" [FIST]
Or
"I_monkd_on_U" [Mmmm]

So I imagine "The Penatrator" would be good for a vanguard

"Slide My Fuel Pipe in" for Starfarer

"[NPC Merchant]" for BMM (incogneto)

And "Slippery Nipples" for Sabre

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
Retaliator - Impetus Impune
Orion - Petra Meretrix

Those are the only names I've come up with so far.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark

Did someone say share your ship names?

RSI Constellation Phoenix - Capitalist Swine - I feel this an appropriate name for the ship I'll walking around on with my nice robe, expensive drink, classy hookers, drugs, and blackjack. Actually, forget the drugs. Actually, forget the hookers.

Anvil Sabre - Sting - Legacy name from my Gladius. It was a small ship, but very agile and very deadly, much like Bilbo's sword. I simply continued the name when I upgrade to a Sabre.

Origin M50 - My Ex's Mood - It changes direction quickly and without warning.

RSI Aurora LX - Pocket Party - It's the luxury version of the Aurora! It's like a pocket-sized party! A party in your pocket!

MISC Freelancer DUR - Walkabout - Going walkabout seems like a good occupation for a exploration ship.

Aegis Reclaimer - Afterparty - We all know the real fun doesn't start til the afterparty.

Drake Herald - TEST Party Van - Joke name that just hasn't gotten replaced.

Banu Merchantman - Disembodied Screaming of Wallets - Taken from a phrase heard during the last Anniversary sale.

Origin 350r - Intermittent Oversteer - Named for the fantastically precise steering currently present in the 350r.

Aegis Retaliator - Poor Life Choices - My favorite name by far. There are many facets to this name; the ship itself was an irresponsible purchase that forced me to budget very tightly for a while afterwards. But for enemy pilots, when this baby is barreling down in your face to deliver a couple gigatons of high-energy consequences straight to the face, it's a gentle reminder for them to reflect on the decisions that have brought them to that point. Also, a reminder for me if I get it shot out from under my ass while doing stupid shit.

Anvil Carrack - Eagleheart - Named while listening to this song, which mentions flying through the rainbow, discovering new worlds and new suns:

MISC Freelancer MIS - Buckfutter - Bastardization of what this ship is intended to do to people.

Anvil Gladiator - Beer Spirit Toll - Anagram of "Terrible Pilots" with a beautiful stream-of-consciousness feel. Graciously conceived by Black Sunder.

Consolidated Outland Mustang β - The Bang 'Stang - It's the only Mustang with full living quarters in the back. Of course it's the Bang 'Stang.

Consolidated Outland Mustang Δ - Moar Dakka - At some point, you go from flying an armed spaceship to flying a mobile gun platform. This ship is treading that line.

RSI Aurora LN - TEST Aurora 954 - Named after my user number on this forum. After all, when blomping, one Aurora is pretty much indistinguishable from another.

Aegis Vanguard - Troublemaker - This ship will either start a lot of trouble, or will end a lot of it. Either way, the name fits.

MISC Hull B - Tastes of Lutefisk - I'm really not sure where I got the name for this one, but it makes me giggle so much that I don't want to change it.

MISC Reliant - Bring Me The Heart Of Steve Irwin - The Reliant looks kinda like a stingray, so...

MISC Endeavour (Hope-class): Montoya's Anatomy - Named after Grey's Anatomy, but adjusted to be more appropriate. Or less.

MISC Starfarer Gemini: Name Pending - I haven't come up with a name for this one yet. I'm about 55% tempted to leave the name as is.

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
RSI Orion LTI - Ishimura
RSI Constellation Aquila LTI - Vanquish
Aegis Sabre LTI - BanHammer
MISC Reliant LTI - ぬ
Mustang Omega : AMD Edition - LastLigth

Reactions: Maxgerber5250

Maxgerber5250

Grand Admiral
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt-Spicer

Did someone say share your ship names?

RSI Constellation Phoenix - Capitalist Swine - I feel this an appropriate name for the ship I'll walking around on with my nice robe, expensive drink, classy hookers, drugs, and blackjack. Actually, forget the drugs. Actually, forget the hookers.

Anvil Sabre - Sting - Legacy name from my Gladius. It was a small ship, but very agile and very deadly, much like Bilbo's sword. I simply continued the name when I upgrade to a Sabre.

Origin M50 - My Ex's Mood - It changes direction quickly and without warning.

RSI Aurora LX - Pocket Party - It's the luxury version of the Aurora! It's like a pocket-sized party! A party in your pocket!

MISC Freelancer DUR - Walkabout - Going walkabout seems like a good occupation for a exploration ship.

Aegis Reclaimer - Afterparty - We all know the real fun doesn't start til the afterparty.

Drake Herald - TEST Party Van - Joke name that just hasn't gotten replaced.

Banu Merchantman - Disembodied Screaming of Wallets - Taken from a phrase heard during the last Anniversary sale.

Origin 350r - Intermittent Oversteer - Named for the fantastically precise steering currently present in the 350r.

Aegis Retaliator - Poor Life Choices - My favorite name by far. There are many facets to this name; the ship itself was an irresponsible purchase that forced me to budget very tightly for a while afterwards. But for enemy pilots, when this baby is barreling down in your face to deliver a couple gigatons of high-energy consequences straight to the face, it's a gentle reminder for them to reflect on the decisions that have brought them to that point. Also, a reminder for me if I get it shot out from under my ass while doing stupid shit.

Anvil Carrack - Eagleheart - Named while listening to this song, which mentions flying through the rainbow, discovering new worlds and new suns:

MISC Freelancer MIS - Buckfutter - Bastardization of what this ship is intended to do to people.

Anvil Gladiator - Beer Spirit Toll - Anagram of "Terrible Pilots" with a beautiful stream-of-consciousness feel. Graciously conceived by Black Sunder.

Consolidated Outland Mustang β - The Bang 'Stang - It's the only Mustang with full living quarters in the back. Of course it's the Bang 'Stang.

Consolidated Outland Mustang Δ - Moar Dakka - At some point, you go from flying an armed spaceship to flying a mobile gun platform. This ship is treading that line.

RSI Aurora LN - TEST Aurora 954 - Named after my user number on this forum. After all, when blomping, one Aurora is pretty much indistinguishable from another.

Aegis Vanguard - Troublemaker - This ship will either start a lot of trouble, or will end a lot of it. Either way, the name fits.

MISC Hull B - Tastes of Lutefisk - I'm really not sure where I got the name for this one, but it makes me giggle so much that I don't want to change it.

MISC Reliant - Bring Me The Heart Of Steve Irwin - The Reliant looks kinda like a stingray, so...

MISC Endeavour (Hope-class): Montoya's Anatomy - Named after Grey's Anatomy, but adjusted to be more appropriate. Or less.

MISC Starfarer Gemini: Name Pending - I haven't come up with a name for this one yet. I'm about 55% tempted to leave the name as is.
Holy sit man, I started reading this post, fell asleep, woke up and it was still going. It's like an AMC movie. But still liked it. Thanks for sharing. It shows your passion for this game.

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
Is that the Prince symbol?
You mean the ぬ? No it's not. I think it's actually a vocal from the Japanese, but the joke I have with my friends is that it's a reference to a character from an anime called Bobobo.

Also I don't have other name in mind for the reliant right now..... :p

JBWill

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
JBWill
M50 (soon to be a 350r) - Star Stuff
Vanguard Warden - Point and Click
Redeemer - Francis Drake
Constellation Andromeda - Faraday

I also have a Gladius and a Sabre which are so far unnamed.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
Aquila-"The Walking Catfish", because I saw one the other day, and I said to my neighbor "that thing looks like a Constellation Aquila", and he said, "what the hell are you talking about?"

Freelancer DUR- "The Kate Upton", because, well...just look at the bow on her, she's got these two big ...whatevers, just sticking out there!

Cutlass Black-"The 'Assume the Position'", because I expect a lot of interaction with law enforcement with this vessel .

Herald-"The Edward Snowden", because I thought that was just hilarious.

Sabre-"The Move on, Nothing to See Here", because it's supposed to be stealthy!

Mustang Beta-"The Coyote", because I drive a Ford Mustang GT, and the 5.0 liter engine was called a "coyote" by Ford when it was under development, also, the Mustang GT is extremely impractical but fun to drive, much like the Beta.

I've got a Merlin and a Gladius that I will probably melt for a Super Hornet, so I'm not going to name them right now, and of course I'm trying to come up with something special for my beloved Aurora LN

That was fun!

Opiepal

Space Marshal
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Opiepal
Constellation – Trinity Eclipse (Just rolling with it)
Banu Merchantman – The Prophet (Cause it makes me money :))
MISC Starfarer Gemini – The Behemoth (Looks like it will fly like a brick)
Cutlass Blue – Rising Twilight (may change depending on how much it gets screwed in revamp)
Super Hornet – Liberator (Keeping the Peace/Or killing everything in sight, which reverts back to Keeping the Peace)
Reclaimer – Jawbreaker (Enough Said)
Orion – Lunch Box (Again, Enough Said)

Forgot your password?