Naval Action - A Ship Game Not In Space

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
[THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS AND A ALPHA!!!!!!]

I had my eye on the game for awhile and now it is on steam EA. I have been playing for the last couple days and thought I share it with Testies since we all like ships, beer and pirates.

"Naval Action is an exciting, realistic, and beautifully detailed naval combat game immersing players into the experience of the most beautiful period of naval history - when sailing ships ruled the seas."

The game is a realistic/Historical MMO sandbox and also has warthunder/WorldofTanks style battles. You can trade goods, craft and fight ( Which can last up to a hour and half sometimes). Some talk has gone around about fishing and whaling if I am not mistaken. Currently I am playing on PvP server 1 on the United States.

Playable Nations
  • Great Britain
  • Spain
  • France
  • Denmark-Norway
  • Netherlands
  • Sweden
  • United States
  • Pirates
You can see the rest of the features on its Steam page, http://store.steampowered.com/app/311310/

Random awesome video of epic battle that sold me on the game.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I hear the XP rates in this game are pretty terrible, though. Not interested in another grindathon.

Reactions: Riekopo

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
I hear the XP rates in this game are pretty terrible, though. Not interested in another grindathon.
It is a grindy game, but a lot of the ship tiers have multiple ships which is good.Your level just determines how many crew you control, from my understanding so if you can fit 40 people on a tier 4 ship you just have to buy it. But your ship can be destroyed and you do have to grind gold to get a new one.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
It is a grindy game, but a lot of the ship tiers have multiple ships which is good.Your level just determines how many crew you control, from my understanding so if you can fit 40 people on a tier 4 ship you just have to buy it. But your ship can be destroyed and you do have to grind gold to get a new one.
So, is this F2P or Buy to Play? If it's buy to play, it shouldn't ever be grindy. EVER.

This is why games like this run the risk of becoming flaming failures.

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
So, is this F2P or Buy to Play? If it's buy to play, it shouldn't ever be grindy. EVER.

This is why games like this run the risk of becoming flaming failures.
One time purchase. The good thing is though is realistic/historical which for people like me that play warthunder sim battles its great. I think it will keep its nich community if the devs keep it updated.

Beef Squatch

Vice Admiral
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Beefsquatch
Kinda reminds me of that age of sail game that was out in the late 90's but updated. Was that the name of it? can't remember too much beer during the playoffs...

Yex

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Yex
I enjoy From The Depths
I appeals to both my minecraft and naval warlord side

Riekopo

Vice Admiral
Mar 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Riekopo
I'm a fan of the creator. He fixed a lot of Total War games with his mods and he made Ultimate General Gettysburg which I thought was decent. He's a buy worth supporting.

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
Im a Rear Admiral rank in Great Britain.
Quite the fun game, sailing with mates and having fleet battles.

WingCmdr_Goose

Grand Admiral
Jun 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Vault_Dweller
If it is anything like World of warships I might take a look at it.

Forgot your password?