Need advice for new headset

Strykker666

Commander
Jul 7, 2016
RSI Handle
Strykker666
Hey gang. Any recommendations for a decent low to mid range wireless gaming headset? My old Logitech ones just died. Need to use it for not just gaming, but also for class work, and listening to audio/video.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I have the new logitech wireless G933's and they are stupid comfy, very clear, and last quite a while.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I've also heard REALLY good things about the Corsair headset. My buddy has a pair and absolutely is in love with them.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I don't know much about wireless, but I'd say don't get wireless lol

Wired has much better sound quality.

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
don't buy a "gaming" headset, Audio Hardware labled with "gaming" is often just overprized bullshit stuff.
Also by buying wireless you'll lose a lot of audio quality and you'll pay a lot more.
A good wireless headset will cost you as much as a verry good headset but will only have the quality of a cheap one.

Also consider to get a seperate mic + headphone combo as this will increase your options and the quality you'll get for the same value.
There are even mics you can attach to your headphone after market, but these are often from better quality compared to all in one combos

I also higly recommend you to test headphones physically, as not every head/ear is formed in the same way, and a headphone that is perfect for me, may be verry uncomfortable to wear for you.

Check if there is some kind of Music Store in you proximity, where you can test some of them.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I also higly recommend you to test headphones physically, as not every head/ear is formed in the same way, and a headphone that is perfect for me, may be verry uncomfortable to wear for you.
This is very good advice!

I personally went with Sennheiser HD 598. Fantastic headphones, very light weight. They get a little warm sometimes, but I love them. Almost $200 though. I combined mine with a Magni 2 Uber and a Modi 2 Uber amplifier/converter combo. The sound quality is crystal, but it's pretty expensive. I've literally paused a movie to go check my door because someone in the movie knocked on their front door.

If you're not really an audiophile then it's not going to be that difficult. But I'd go for comfort over quality if you play for extended periods.

Forgot your password?