Need Feedback for my slowly growing fleet

Toihva

Captain
Aug 13, 2017
RSI Handle
Dagnimaer
Ok, here is my situation. Got the basic Aurora package, but no SQ42 in it, which now is something I want.

Question is my options:

Currently going to be growing to a Super Hornet (like Gladius, just love the look of it), which I have an X-1 LTI token sitting to gradually upgrade to it (Have MISC Freelancer CCU for it). Those 2, and maybe a Sabre, are destined to be my fleet of fighters I carry.

My current Inventory:
X-1 LTI to be used on gradual upgrade to Super Hornet
Aurora LN upgraded starter package. (Melt Value $45 USD)
Freelancer MIS to Anvil Super Hornet
On Buyback is X-1 Warbond which has LTI.

Right now its actually cheaper for me to Melt my Aurora and pay $15 more for the combo pack since the stand alone SQ42 addon is $45.

Planned Style of Play:

Most likely exploration on a bit of a solo level for fun and if for serious, tag along on a Carrack crew.
Other things would be cargo transport but not in a cargo hauler, like some guns on it.

Possible ship upgrades:
Buy said Combo of SC and SQ42 starter, and then pay $25 to upgrade to Avenger Titan CCU
Buy said Combo of SC and SQ42 starter, and then pay $65 to upgrade from X-1 Buyback and put LTI on it and have two methods to always have at disposal for making creds even if I have bad day.

Last edited:

Nap

Grand Admiral
Dec 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Napernicous
For a cargo hauler with guns, you can't really beat the Cutlass. If out of price range the Avenger Titan is the cheaper option.

Solo explorer, I personally like the Freelancer DUR. Cheaper alternative - 315.

If you aren't going to have a large fleet, a Cutlass is by far the best value and all around ship currently available. At least until the price jumps up.

Toihva

Captain
Aug 13, 2017
RSI Handle
Dagnimaer
For a cargo hauler with guns, you can't really beat the Cutlass. If out of price range the Avenger Titan is the cheaper option.

Solo explorer, I personally like the Freelancer DUR. Cheaper alternative - 315.

If you aren't going to have a large fleet, a Cutlass is by far the best value and all around ship currently available. At least until the price jumps up.
I was thinking of doing this:

Melt down, buy the combo. Upgrade to Avenger Titan for like $25 and then after first of the year can upgrade to Cutlass Black for like $50.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
You might still be able to do the $15 each game trick (buying a SQ42 package with a SC addon, and a SC package with a SQ42 addon, and then only melting both packages but not the addons), you'll end up with about $90 in RSI credit IIRC. You can then use that to buy a CCU you want to upgrade your standalone ships that have LTI.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Am I reading your question right? You want to end up with SH and Gladius and maybe Sabre, plus both games with a cargo-ish/explore-ish boat, but you want to piecemeal your way to them instead of buying all at once?

If so, I'd try to get the game combo with as little else tied to as you can, and save the LTI token for your next buy. That way, if you change your mind later, you won't have to melt both game packages and LTI token to make changes down the road. I'm personally just sitting on an Aurora package that I only really expect to use if we do a TEST swam of some kind.

Everyone who likes the Avenger seems to loooove the Avenger before too long. It would be a good multi-use boat for you, I think. Has bed, so you can travel without needing to land. Has guns, so it can duke it out if you get in a scrape. Has external missiles, so you might get access to some optional gadgets whenever those get into game. Titan has cargo, so you can move a sofa or fetch a keg of beer. For its price, Avenger Titan has always been a good pick and I wouldn't expect that to change.

As for the others, the next time SH or Sabre will be available will be next anniversary sale. Maybe some fighter sale will pop up, but can't really predict when or if those happen. Likely you could find a TESTie willing to do a trade though.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
If you manage to win a streamer raffle, you'll get a free package with S42.
You could also try winning the national lottery and thn you can buy each TEST member an Aurora.

Try the trick that @DirectorGunner suggested and see if you can end up with a DUR. It's a solo exploration ship, with a few guns and a bit of cargo space, so it ticks all the boxes for what you said you wanted.
DUR still looks like a space penis, though.

Reactions: DirectorGunner

Toihva

Captain
Aug 13, 2017
RSI Handle
Dagnimaer
You might still be able to do the $15 each game trick (buying a SQ42 package with a SC addon, and a SC package with a SQ42 addon, and then only melting both packages but not the addons), you'll end up with about $90 in RSI credit IIRC. You can then use that to buy a CCU you want to upgrade your standalone ships that have LTI.
Only thing avail for SQ42 is the standalone for $45 which is just the game. Not sure how to do this trick.

Toihva

Captain
Aug 13, 2017
RSI Handle
Dagnimaer
As for the others, the next time SH or Sabre will be available will be next anniversary sale. Maybe some fighter sale will pop up, but can't really predict when or if those happen. Likely you could find a TESTie willing to do a trade though.
I already have a CCU for the Super Hornet so not worried there.

Just went and did it, seemed the easiest option.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beerjerker

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
You clearly like the fighters, in your shoes I would pick 2 i.e. one is for when you are waiting on the other for insurance. (Assuming your like me and do crash!). Since you are only loosely into cargo I would pick one other generic ship that does that and explore and that is the DUR or Aquila. Sure they are not great at cargo but they can do it. I would stick to just the three ships, leave you something as a goal in game.

Forgot your password?