Need some clarification on Quantum Drives

When using the quantum drive, is that considered a jump, leap, or travel?

• Jump

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Leap

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Travel

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters

ericman2001

Space Marshal
May 11, 2014
RSI Handle
Phlox_Lennelluc
During the multicrew demo, a Quantum something was made. Lord Roberts kept saying "jump", but then corrected himself to say that wasn't what it was because that's what you do in a wormhole. That said, what the devil are you doing when you spool up the ol' Q drive? Are you leaping? Jumping maybe? Is the HUD right and you're simply traveling? Something else?

Personally I'm a fan of "Quantum Leap", but I recognize that I would then have to put up with Scott Bakula memes. It's a price I'm willing to pay.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
jumping is near instantaneous travel between worm holes. The quantum drive allows you to travel at around 20% of the speed of light. The reason it looked so fast was because the planets are so relatively close together, unlike elite dangerous where the scale is accurate.

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
From what I saw it's not FTL (blink), it's linear acceleration (gotta go fast).

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
jumping is near instantaneous travel between worm holes. The quantum drive allows you to travel at around 20% of the speed of light. The reason it looked so fast was because the planets are so relatively close together, unlike elite dangerous where the scale is accurate.
Moons. They were moons orbiting a single planet.

Forgot your password?